Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perris Panfish

Default Perris Panfish

Has the blue gill/red ear bite started yet? Hit the lake a few times on the tube. Still trying to figure it out with the change in shoreline.

Started about a week ago for BGs, crappie is off and on like the REs. Over a 4* temp drop in the water last week (from Thurs. to Tues). Thursday was a wide open bite til the shockers came.
    New level = new lake
    South side has been better - dam should be really good now.

I didn't think Perris had to many crappies left. I figured the spotted bass did 'em all in.

I've caught a few here and there but unlike other years where I usually see them bed in 1-3 feet of water this year I see them bedding in 5-7 feet of water.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    I didn't think Perris had to many crappies left. I figured the spotted bass did 'em all in.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    LOL

I wasn't sure if anyone got that inside joke or not.

On a serious note, I did catch a crappie in March vertical jigging a spoon at Perris. Right at dark a massive school of something came through. Just about that time I got the crappie and then the school disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Right at dark a massive school of something came through.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Why do you hate spotted bass so much? Did you have a tiger midge broken off by one in the past ;)

I think spotted bass are Great especially the ones at perris

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Why do you hate spotted bass so much? Did you have a tiger midge broken off by one in the past ;)
    Au contraire!

The spotted bass is one of my favorite species to target. Especially the ones at Perris.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast