Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Mono line for trout fishing???

Default Favorite Mono line for trout fishing???

I am looking to get people's opinions and feedback regarding their favorite light mono for trout fishing in the Eastern Sierras as well as other SoCal trout waters.

I have used Pline Fluroclear and Maxima Ultragreen. I have also heard good things about Izorline XXX but have never fished it.

All opinions welcome. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Mike
    Last edited by FishinUSA; 04-09-2015 at 09:19 PM.

I have used exclusively Stren mono for over 30 years, never had a reason to change.

Yes Stren has been my all time favorite for fresh and salt water too. No need to pay high bucks for other brands, just sayin.

seaguar 100% fluorocarbon.....................

izor xxx in 2lb, smoke. the best.

Yeah you guys know whats happening now dayzz thanks for the update. Still like my old school ways.

The question asked by the OP was which "MONO" is your favorite!! I guess reading comprehension isn't everyone's strong suit.

Stren for a long time

I use Izorline XXX 2lb. test. You can get 6000 yards for around $18 you can't beat that. I hear that izorline fishes more like a 3lb test and Maxima ultragreen is closer to 2lb. I don't know if its me but Maxima ultragreen feels silkier.

All the above lines recommended are good. I have on one of my ultralight outfits some 2 lb test Vicious Panfish Line, and I love the stuff. I guess Stren stopped making their monofilament in 2 lb test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast