Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DVL Before The Close

Went out today. Was pretty rough. I guess the weather change and water temp drop has made fishing slow. IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by inthroughtheocean View Post
    Went out today. Was pretty rough. I guess the weather change and water temp drop has made fishing slow. IDK.
    What were you using?

I was thinking about giving it another shot this weekend if I can talk the old lady into it.

Tried fishing senkos and also tried drop shotting a roboworm. The water temp is at around 65 so maybe thats why.

What areas were you fishing? Location at the time of day helps.

Quote Originally Posted by inthroughtheocean View Post
    I was out there yesterday as well, but we found the bite quite good. Found fish from on the bank, out to 22 feet. Also saw lots of fry. Fish were eating both the Senko's and the dropshot.

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    D.V.L....Creature....Bait....Ing....=....3-6#ers...AVG....Fish!... "."!: Cool:
    Think outside the HERDING mentality! Lots of active fish suspending out over open water stucture spots! Long ..... Fan casting with slooow sinking baits into current then let sink! If fish don't relate your bait to YOU then BOOM another fish on!

I was out there again today and did decent but didn't catch any big ones. I hit the water around 9:30. I really wanted to fish the west dam but there were boats every 30 yards or so. Went to the north dam and started picking them up. I was throwing the same bait as the other day. Zoom baby brush hogs in green pumpkin with red flake on 10# braids.

Some of the people at the lake make me laugh. Come into a spot full throttle pull up right against shore/ dam ladder and look for fish, don't see a fish and full throttle away. This happened 4 times today and I would give it 10-15 and good by the spot and fish on. I prob made 15-20 passes on the north dam.

Good luck out there guys on the final days.

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Think outside the HERDING mentality! Lots of active fish suspending out over open water stucture spots! Long ..... Fan casting with slooow sinking baits into current then let sink! If fish don't relate your bait to YOU then BOOM another fish on!
    This^ For those guys coming to Skinner when the lake closes.... keep some distance from your target fish. The water is clear and the lake is small with lots of pressure.

Went out today with a buddy and my little guy. We boated a ton of fish - no monsters - but we had a great time. Definitely a bitter sweet end to a cut-short spring bite at DVL. All bites were on senkos and flukes in 1-25' of water all over the lake

At tag out time, Stan (I'm pretty sure that's his name), said he heard that unless a miracle is in CA's future, MWD is going to let the lake go down to 1/4 capacity. He said this would leave the east end almost totally dry. This isn't official information or anything - just what he heard - but wow, what a thing to hear. Sucks if true!
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 04-12-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
    Went out today with a buddy and my little guy. We boated a ton of fish - no monsters - but we had a great time. Definitely a bitter sweet end to a cut-short spring bite at DVL. All bites were on senkos and flukes in 1-25' of water all over the lake

At tag out time, Stan (I'm pretty sure that's his name), said he heard that unless a miracle is in CA's future, MWD is going to let the lake go down to 1/4 capacity. He said this would leave the east end almost totally dry. This isn't official information or anything - just what he heard - but wow, what a thing to hear. Sucks if true!
    I don't know baja1ab.....That fish is pretty frigging HUGE in relation to little Mikey....Good Dading on your part!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast