Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVL Before The Close

Default DVL Before The Close

As a lot of you know I spend most of my time fishing Skinner, but with so much boat traffic lately I decided to hit DVL before it closes. I fished there the past two days and did very well both days. The majority of the fish were caught from noonish-6pm.

I was using brush hogs with red flake on straight 10# fireline and the guy on the back of the boat(elbowlayer) was using a mix of plastics. Six of our fish came from the West dam and the rest came from various points around the lake. I had a 3+# fish average with a nice 5 and change bass. All fish were caught in water 20ft or less.

If anyone is considering hitting the lake before it closes I would not think twice. If anyone does go out, the wind is kicking up in the afternoon which means there are waves on the lake! It is worth it to stick it out just make sure you wear a jacket if you cross the middle of the lake.

Here is a current picture of the water level.

Wow! Thanks for the report, glad you had a successful day. It's really sad to see it like this, but interesting nonetheless. I've only seen the lake at full pool mostly, haven't been in a couple years. I didn't know there were islands straight out from the docks, that's crazy! That's one long launch ramp too...

Thanks for the report...heading there tomorrow!

Good job and thanks for the post. We were out there yesterday and we were doing quite well all over the lake. And the fishing was getting better as the day progressed. Unfortunately the starter in our boat went out at about 11:30. I knew it was going to be a hot afternoon bite, gaaahhh...

Nice Bass,sorry to see the lake look like that though,thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Good job and thanks for the post. We were out there yesterday and we were doing quite well all over the lake. And the fishing was getting better as the day progressed. Unfortunately the starter in our boat went out at about 11:30. I knew it was going to be a hot afternoon bite, gaaahhh...
    Started for me today at about 10, not a bite prior. Mostly buck largies with a single brown bass thrown in.
    They were eating the jig head and creature bait combo on the fall reaction style, no TR even used. Nice not having to use the fairy wand much.

The wind was a pain, not due to strength, but due to inconsistency. It was all mixed up due to a post front conditions. I was drifting circles ;). Early afternoon the wind became more consistent out of the west. I was waiting for the bass to stack up on the western facing banks, but had to split to try and beat traffic back to the OC.

D.V.L....Creature....Bait....Ing....=....3-6#ers...AVG....Fish!... "."!: Cool:

Very nice report - I'll be there one more time this weekend too...

Quote Originally Posted by ddoskocil View Post
    Very nice report - I'll be there one more time this weekend too...
    Good choice Darren. I was at Skinner today (Thursday) and there were 20 boats on the west end alone. Add to that a boat in almost every cove elsewhere.

That's rough, Pat. Looks like this summer will be a saltwater one...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast