Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl mug shot

Default Dvl mug shot

Hey peeps I have a strange question that I need answered. Everytime I get tagged at DVL I chat with Stan or Tom or whoever at the small shack there at the top of the ramp. I always forget to ask them but in that shack there is the big mugshot of a guy who was 86'ed from DVL. He's a white guy who looks to be in his late 40s by the big picture up on the wall of the shack as well as the description of his Ranger with orders to deny him entry and call police immediately. Does anyone know the story behind that? I'm just overly curious....

I always want to ask them but I don't want to be nosey...
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 04-08-2015 at 03:03 PM.

I'd say it was our boy "Lightning Strikes Twice" but he used to do his poaching off a rental, not a Ranger.

But to get issued a trespassing and have the cops be able to arrest you on sight if you show up is rather impressive, I'd also like to know what this guy did.

I'm going on sun, mon, tues. I'll ask him and let you know. I'm pretty nosey. Either way we are all getting 86'd before long. I'm gonna miss her!

Went out today till about noon, caught a bunch of 1.5-3 pounders and a couple pushing 5. Mostly flipping the brush with cover craws. There was a tourney going on so wanted to beat the ramp traffic.

Got the cheesmo on the mug shot. So that guy came to the lake and got turned away because his boat was wet. He got mad and threatened to kill the inspector (Stan). He didn't want to make a big deal about it but higher powers prevailed. Sounds like that guy will be arrested if he ever comes back to the lake. CLOWN SHOES!

I thought maybe they made a fake MWD tag.... haha

Who threatens someone's life over a fish... haha, someone must know the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Went out today till about noon, caught a bunch of 1.5-3 pounders and a couple pushing 5. Mostly flipping the brush with cover craws. There was a tourney going on so wanted to beat the ramp traffic.

Got the cheesmo on the mug shot. So that guy came to the lake and got turned away because his boat was wet. He got mad and threatened to kill the inspector (Stan). He didn't want to make a big deal about it but higher powers prevailed. Sounds like that guy will be arrested if he ever comes back to the lake. CLOWN SHOES!
    Thank you so much for that....I fished the NBW yesterday and I forgot to ask Stan....He's such a nice guy I can't believe anyone would threaten him. Geeeez.

No worries, how did you do?

We finished 19 out of 36...Only 3 lbs from a check. We had lots of fun...funny thing was we culled out 2 fish, caught about 15 for the tourney. Just couldn't find a nice big one to put us in the money. But we did everything else right. We weighted 5 for 13.00. To slap me in the face in the end I fished the last 3 hours with a 10" worm looking for a kicker. Got bit in 20 ft of water on a hump with 5 minutes to go. Set the hook on a little 2 lbr....the dam worm was as big as the fish!!!! I thought for sure when I got the thump that I had a fish that would put us in the money....no luck. :-) Then to top off the day, I fractured my wrist playing slowpitch later that night! Ugh...

We had a blast though. Getting better every time.
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 04-14-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    We finished 19 out of 36...Only 3 lbs from a check. We had lots of fun...funny thing was we culled out 2 fish, caught about 15 for the tourney. Just couldn't find a nice big one to put us in the money. But we did everything else right. We weighted 5 for 13.00. To slap me in the face in the end I fished the last 3 hours with a 10" worm looking for a kicker. Got bit in 20 ft of water on a hump with 5 minutes to go. Set the hook on a little 2 lbr....the dam worm was as big as the fish!!!! I thought for sure when I got the thump that I had a fish that would put us in the money....no luck. :-) Then to top off the day, I fractured my wrist playing slowpitch later that night! Ugh...

We had a blast though. Getting better every time.
    You'll get them next time. Good luck with the wrist. Can't be good for your cast!