Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Mead: Hows the Fishin Lately??????

Default Lake Mead: Hows the Fishin Lately??????

I will be in Vegas next week and I want to go fish Mead. Any tips or areas to fish from a boat would be greatly appreciated. I'll be practicing catch and release and would like to target Largemouth and/or Striper.

Thanks,
    JustEYE

The largemouth and smallmouth should be up on beds. Try coves in boulder basin and in vegas wash. Pretty much every cove should have some bass to play with. For stripers the best bet is to net some shad and drop down 20 to 40 feet. Most guide boats are getting their stripers that way. Trolling deep diving cranks can also get some stripers. Good luck.

Thanks man. Ive fished beds years ago in the Vegas wash area.

Hope to get a smallie!! I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the help!

JustEYE

I was there last week on my camping trip. I recommend you to launch your boat upper government wash.I was caughting striper bass, catfish and small at the Gypsum wash and the government wash on cut bait. Early morning top water lures and crank bait work really good. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by chunlaye2272 View Post
    I was there last week on my camping trip. I recommend you to launch your boat upper government wash.I was caughting striper bass, catfish and small at the Gypsum wash and the government wash on cut bait. Early morning top water lures and crank bait work really good. Good luck
    Thanks dude! That's just what I need- a very recent report. What was the depth and structure where you were catching?