Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 4/4/15 Perris w my Kiddo

Default 4/4/15 Perris w my Kiddo

My son and I went out together for the 1st time this yr and it was a fun one.

We were 3rd in line when we arrived and had a cool chat with the fellas behind me. After chitchatting for a bit I asked them if they wanted to do a 2vs2 and they said sure and
    asked where's your partner? I told them asleep in my truck, my 14yr old kid who hates fishing(laugh from both sides)! So we decided on a little $40 wager for 4 biggest bass.
    Pay's entry and lunch !!!
    We agreed and decided to meet back at the marina at 2 O'clock sharp. My boat was not tagged and had to go through Inspection and didn't get in the water till 6:45... Yup
    2nd cashier was late to work, lucky me! Anyways we ran to our 1st spot and caught 3 in the 1st hr, All keepers but only in the 1-2lb range cranking! We trolled the area
    and ran into a lot birds going nuts on the shad in 8-12 ft, we anchored up and caught a 6 more Cranking and jerking but still nothing over 3lb. No boats even bothered to notice
    the bite we were on with all birds and shad going on around us After this died out we went out a bit deep.

So we went out to deeper water around 10 and started catching quality fish. This was in 24ft-30ft. The better 2's and 3's were hitting our drop shots really good. I mean they were
    chocking our ds baits down to their gut's (all lived and treated w bender mender). They were very hungry, & we fed them! By noon we hooked up with with 12 more bass in that
    spot. Three of them were solid 3 pounders and my kid went to bed after catching his limit of 3's, lol! I went back in to some shallow spots and caught a bunch more 1-2's &
    one solid 4 pounder, on DS w a 14" leader.

I woke my kid up at 1:45 (landed 27 total) and off to the marina with 4 solid bass @ 13.60lbs. They showed up with a bag of four bass too @ 8.75lb. My son liked fishing for a bit for just
    that moment after he knew we won. I gave him his half and he asked me If we could go now! Ummmmm not quit yet... We went out for another 2.5 hrs for 11 more bass and
    just had some fun. Only one bass was under 14" the whole day and the rest just solid healthy little chunkers. We ended with 38 total and lost only 3.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150404_140251_475-1.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	46061

Name:	IMG_20150404_122739_271.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	46062

Name:	perris 2.jpg