Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL on fire! 4/2/15

Default DVL on fire! 4/2/15

Weather was cloudy and windy throughout the morning which normally makes for some good fishing at Dvl but just wasn't happening for us. Sun broke and it started to pick up, found them pretty good in the backs of coves off shallow structure and stick ups. Mainly concentrated on the north side of the lake, the rental boats are so slooow you spend more time driving from spot to spot than fishing haha. Found some nicer grade bass a lot of fun on the light stuff! 6lb fluro and plastics watermelon/red and purple has been doing really well. Picked up the last Clarus from TW on sale for $50 as a backup rod and got to put it to the test and it actually handled much better than expected

Thanks for the report. Will be out there on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfCityUSA View Post
    Thanks for the report. Will be out there on Tuesday.
    I'll be out there Tuesday too. Hopefully the weather cooperates looks like it's gonna be much cooler. Good luck man!

Thanks for the great report. I also picked up the same clarus rod at TW and hope to use it out there. Good to know it held up well im dying to try it out myself. It seems a little heavier than the crucial that i been using.

Nice report and pics! Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Fnguyen5992 View Post
    Nice report and pics! Well done
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by shiromaguro88 View Post
    Thanks for the great report. I also picked up the same clarus rod at TW and hope to use it out there. Good to know it held up well im dying to try it out myself. It seems a little heavier than the crucial that i been using.
    Yeah I have the 7'2" mxf Crucial and the Clarus is slightly heavier and a tad bit less sensitive, but for $50 and with the warranty cant complain at all. I own all Daiwa reels but I'm partial to Shimano rods, I love the reel seats and exposed blank and I prefer the black foam grips over some low quality corks.