Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 4/3/15 Carpinteria

Default 4/3/15 Carpinteria

Finally back on the sand!
    It's been awhile since I posted any reports because I just haven't had time to get out there.
    Anyway, I was able to get out today for about 45 minutes on my lunch break. Pretty big waves (3-5 ft), and strong downhill current. Not too much salad but the water was pretty stirred up.

No hits the whole time until my last cast. Got nailed after 2 or 3 cranks. She fought good, even pulled a little drag. As soon as I unhooked her and picked her up she started spitting out babies. I scooped them up and threw them in the water then got a quick pic before releasing her. Didn't have time to get out the tape, but I'm sure she was a solid 12", and thick.

Feels good to get back out there and get more confidence with the Lucky Craft :D
    As always, thanks everyone for the great info and advice that's helped me enjoy this so much!

Way to gut out the tough conditions and finish up with a chunk of a skunkbuster!

Congrats!
    Don

Thanks Don!

Good job out there buddy. Is that on the south end of Carp by the tar pits? Just curious. It's been so long since I've been up there and those rocks look like a real fishy spot.

Good job with the expedited CPR as well.

Mike

Hi ya xjchad,

Excellent session Sir.
    You went out to catch fish .... and you caught fish! WTG!

Not a bad bounty for such a short session and what a healthy looking BSP you landed there Sir!

Thanx for the fish report w/ pic's!

SP Dan <"))><