Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lipless cranks

Default Lipless cranks

I was just wondering if anyone has been having any luck using lipless cranks out there.

Sure! In December my son and I both caught our PB bass on a River2Sea Rainbow lipless crank.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...!!-Sunday-12-7

This is a vid of my son releasing his PB 10lb 12oz bass pictures in the post.
    https://youtu.be/d4BgxVCz4ws

Surf

I feel that the lipless baits work well in the fall/winter. I use live target bluegill.

Oh thanks guys. So the regular crank is more effective right now I take it.

I use lipless cranks for every season, even fishing beds during the spawn. If you can't anger a fish on a bed enough to bite, toss a lipless crank 15 to 20 feet past the bed, burn it till its right on top of the bed then let it fall and shake it. Works every time.

when the grass starts to grow its time to bust out the lipless cranks... its almost time.. And when it does... The Red eye shad is my go to Lipless..

Pete

Thanks for the Intel pete. I went out today and to me it seems like the grass has started to sprout up. I was getting more grass on my dropshot weight today compared to last week.

Best bait for big female spawners, hands down. SALAMANDERS !

Back when I was a crazy bass fisherman (as we know all bass fishermen are), after work couple of us guys would drive out to the lake and wade Sail Cove. This was around May & June. Because they worked so good, all we used were Rat-L-Traps. Never knew there were so many bass in that area. When the weeds started to get up near the surface we switched to floating divers like Rapalas and still did pretty good. Then I met another wading regular Perris bass fisherman who showed me a couple of awesome baits, and that took care of the 'Traps! And I agree with JigStop. Remember waterdogs!? I made so many replica mounts of DD bass from Perris and other lakes. Too bad we can't use them anymore..

Fish mounter clear inbox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast