Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Perris - Electric Shock Fish Survey

I've been fishing Lake Perris since the early 1980's. The lake was originally stocked with Alabama Spotted Bass and BlueGill. Back then the rangers told me Perris is the perfect lake for the Alabama Spots to grow large. Also, the Crappie and Florida strain LMB were introduced by fisherman I've been told. This is the first time I've heard them called Kentucky Spots. I learn something new everyday.

A little article from back in the day
    http://articles.latimes.com/1987-01-...1_spotted-bass

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    wow didn't know anything about this till now. How about the girl and dog getting attacked, crazy sh**

Quote Originally Posted by BentRod View Post
    wow didn't know anything about this till now. How about the girl and dog getting attacked, crazy sh**
    I know pretty bizarre isn't it. Aggressive is an understatement...

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    We were taking only BG and RE to stock a new pond on our Imperial Wildlife Area. It will be open to the public in the near future. We move them now so they will spawn in the new pond and turn a couple hundred into thousands.

BTW, there are no spotted bass in Lake Perris, they have been extirpated.
    I like this little project for when I will be hunting Wister next season. I sure hope the cormorants don't wipe that thing out.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    I could post a pic with an LMB and a Spot side by side and it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to discern between the two...
    Yet we're all of a sudden experts at identifying spotted bass? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by inthroughtheocean View Post
    Yet we're all of a sudden experts at identifying spotted bass? Interesting.
    Really? Who said that?

I believe there are a couple of different genetic lines at DVL...sub populations with somewhat distinct genotypes....and these are LMB...I am almost positive there are still spots in Perris. But Hawgzy is right, some of those DVL largies look like spots. Its amazing.

In 12 years, I have sampled thousands of bass from Lake Perris, there are no spotted bass in Lake Perris. I've sampled thousands of bass from DVL, there are no spotted bass in DVL either.

In 12 years, I have sampled thousands of bass from Lake Perris, there are no spotted bass in Lake Perris. I've sampled thousands of bass from DVL, there are no spotted bass in DVL either.
    I've seen a few SPOTTED BASS up here at the liquor store in Hemet! ...

But, but, but...I caught one!!!

/sarcasm

Face it, no more spots in Perris. Even though how hard you claim the weird largemouth you claim was a spot, wasn't.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast