Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris - Electric Shock Fish Survey

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Perris - Shock Survey + Politics ;)

Witnessed a fish survey done today by electric shock. I wonder if it hurts the fry, eggs etc...Why do it around the spawn? They were dip netting them after they floated to the surface and then dumped them in a bin in the middle of the boat. Saw one or two get by the netters. I did not near the fish hit water in the bin, so I wonder if they were going to kill them for research. IDK, just speculation.

The spots I saw them hit were the E points of and entire S side of island and from about mid dam all the way S to the inflow tower area. The biggest fish I saw netted was maybe 5 lbs out of about 12 floaters I witnessed.

BTW, there are still some nice Kentucky spots in the lake. Caught a few to maybe three pounds. Perfect specimen footballs. Found my fish late late morning today. Not one crankbait or fluke fish all day.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 04-13-2015 at 07:51 PM.