Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Perris - Electric Shock Fish Survey

HuskerRod- The answer is undoubtedly b.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Lake Oroville was built SOLELY for water storage and deliveries..

It is not a natural lake

it is performing as desinged.

Being man made you realize it's empty because of a drought, right? It's not some natural body of water god made for man to recreate on.

It is built for storage and deliveries in dry months.

You really need to educate yourself as to the functions and purposes of Californias reservoirs
    You mean they weren't made so I can catch fishies?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Now gang i am gonna ask the 10,000,000 dollar question that you all are dying to ask yourselves. No need to thank me just pm me the gps coordinates of some of your best spots at both dvl and perris. So here goes....what exactly did happen to the spotted bass at perris?

A. Did the bucket brigade clean them out
    b. Did the florida strain largies out compete them
    c. All the above
    d. None of the above
    I'm guessing "b."

I blame the Florida strain bluegills.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Now gang i am gonna ask the 10,000,000 dollar question that you all are dying to ask yourselves. No need to thank me just pm me the gps coordinates of some of your best spots at both dvl and perris. So here goes....what exactly did happen to the spotted bass at perris?

A. Did the bucket brigade clean them out
    b. Did the florida strain largies out compete them
    c. All the above
    d. None of the above
    I would go with C...some combo of everything. spots are very aggressive fish and i think they would get their fair share of food even with florida strain largemouth being introduced. smallies are starting to become more and more prevalent at DVL despite both striper and florida largemouth, i don't see why an established population of spots, and world class size spots, couldn't co habituate an area with largemouth. northern cali lakes have largemouth and spots and the spots dominate those lakes. those reasons are why i would feel it has to be a combo of multiple aspects, not just the introduction of largemouth.

No DS that information is completely wrong! Obviously it was the bucket brigade who done it.

Guys Im more confused now then when I first posted the a,b,c,d multiple guess assessment. I've heard the florida largies out competed the the spots for supremacy. I've heard the bucket brigade did them in. I've heard all of the above. And I've even heard the Florida Strain Gills did them in thanks to input from D.S. and that wasn't even a choice on my multiple guess assessment.

Does anyone know how to target spots? Do they essentially bite on the same areas and on the same baits as "regular DFG issue" largemouth? Or do I need to buy 100's of dollars of additional tackle when all I throw are dropshots anyways? Im gonna have to go out there and put this discussion to rest by going out to Perris leaving "no nook uncrannied", "no turn unstoned" putting a "Spottie" in the boat and maybe "kill one bird with two stones" and get a smallie.

Could they be offspring of spots and florida strain? Or would they not breed together?

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    No DS that information is completely wrong! Obviously it was the bucket brigade who done it.
    Seal, when in doubt I blame the bucket brigade for most things. Wouldn't it be a neat world if everyone practiced 100% catch and release.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast