Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Perris - Electric Shock Fish Survey

So it was only a trophy spot fishery in the 80s and 90s ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    But Hawgzy is right, some of those DVL largies look like spots. Its amazing.
    I think this is common many places. I have caught many largemouth at puddlestone that had that spot build, not spots.

Maybe just has to due with passed on genetics of some largemouth.... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    In 12 years, I have sampled thousands of bass from Lake Perris, there are no spotted bass in Lake Perris. I've sampled thousands of bass from DVL, there are no spotted bass in DVL either.
    I wonder what happened to them

Havent you guys ever seen Jurassic Park.........................."Nature has a way". Couldn't their be one spotted bass, Alabama or Kentucky, in Perris............................somewhere??? I mean you got Flatties, Stripers, crappie, carp, and someone once told me they caught a smallie out of there and none of those fish were stocked.

We know the DFG hides the truth sometimes. Especially when they are close to retirement. This whole Jerry Brown thing giving 80% of the water to the pistacio and almond farmers is sickning. Lake oroville is going to dry up.................which reminds me looking at those pictures, looks like they had the same strategy there as they did for DVL, no fish structure.

My buddy, who is a LP regular and keeps a boat there, watched the shockers take some very big Bluegill and Redear Sunfish out of the lake. It's just too bad that they didn't harvest the smaller ones, which would handle the stress of being shocked, handled and and moved to completely new habitat much better than the larger older fish. I know they are "just panfish", but there's quite a few fishermen that target these giant Florida coppernose Bluegill and Redear.

Well at least some pond in imperial county will reap the benefits. Hopefully someone will actually go through the trouble to go out to that desolate dust bowl of an area and do some catching.

Now gang i am gonna ask the 10,000,000 dollar question that you all are dying to ask yourselves. No need to thank me just pm me the gps coordinates of some of your best spots at both dvl and perris. So here goes....what exactly did happen to the spotted bass at perris?

A. Did the bucket brigade clean them out
    b. Did the florida strain largies out compete them
    c. All the above
    d. None of the above

Quote Originally Posted by JigStop View Post
    We know the DFG hides the truth sometimes. Especially when they are close to retirement. This whole Jerry Brown thing giving 80% of the water to the pistacio and almond farmers is sickning. Lake oroville is going to dry up.................which reminds me looking at those pictures, looks like they had the same strategy there as they did for DVL, no fish structure.
    Jerry brown isn't giving 80% to farmers. It's a standing contract from the 60's. Your just spewing crap you've read or heard somewhere.

You want more water in DVL? Come up with 44.7 BILLION in Californias economy that AG produces and you can have some of that 80%
    Last edited by cutbait; 04-07-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JigStop View Post
    Lake Oroville was built SOLELY for water storage and deliveries..

It is not a natural lake

it is performing as desinged.

Being man made you realize it's empty because of a drought, right? It's not some natural body of water god made for man to recreate on.

It is built for storage and deliveries in dry months.

You really need to educate yourself as to the functions and purposes of Californias reservoirs

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast