Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Perris - Electric Shock Fish Survey

Default Perris - Shock Survey + Politics ;)

Witnessed a fish survey done today by electric shock. I wonder if it hurts the fry, eggs etc...Why do it around the spawn? They were dip netting them after they floated to the surface and then dumped them in a bin in the middle of the boat. Saw one or two get by the netters. I did not near the fish hit water in the bin, so I wonder if they were going to kill them for research. IDK, just speculation.

The spots I saw them hit were the E points of and entire S side of island and from about mid dam all the way S to the inflow tower area. The biggest fish I saw netted was maybe 5 lbs out of about 12 floaters I witnessed.

BTW, there are still some nice Kentucky spots in the lake. Caught a few to maybe three pounds. Perfect specimen footballs. Found my fish late late morning today. Not one crankbait or fluke fish all day.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 04-13-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post

BTW, there are still some nice Kentucky spots in the lake. Caught a few to maybe three pounds. Perfect specimen footballs. Found my fish late late morning today. Not one crankbait or fluke fish all day.
    I would love to see pics of those spots.

Were you trolling for a bite?

Interesting the Reaction Bite was Wide open for me today , never even had to break out the drop shot rod ... It was a Good day to be on the water , especially early when the cloud cover was thick and the wind was blowing
    Last edited by Misfitdog; 04-03-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chompot View Post
    I would love to see pics of those spots.
    Sorry, you will have to accept a complete strangers word for it ;) Very well defined lateral line and markings. Very green, much prettier than a LMB. Jaw hinge did not extend past eye. Rough tongue patch.

Caught tons of them years ago in the marina rocks when the water was much higher.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 04-02-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Were you trolling for a bite?
    Caught them on plastics.

We were taking only BG and RE to stock a new pond on our Imperial Wildlife Area. It will be open to the public in the near future. We move them now so they will spawn in the new pond and turn a couple hundred into thousands.

BTW, there are no spotted bass in Lake Perris, they have been extirpated.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    We were taking only BG and RE to stock a new pond on our Imperial Wildlife Area. It will be open to the public in the near future. We move them now so they will spawn in the new pond and turn a couple hundred into thousands.

BTW, there are no spotted bass in Lake Perris, they have been extirpated.
    How has the spotted bass been determined to no longer exist at Perris? I am 99.99% sure I caught a few yesterday, unless there was interbreeding going on between the Floridas and Kentuckys way back when.

..And they were Alabama Spotted Bass, not Kentucky. There still are some hybrid LMB/ASB in the lake. Get one every once in a while.

There are spotted bass in Lake Perris!. Like Stinkbait - we caught them last year (in the places he's mentioning) and we don't fish for bass. There are hybrids as well. We have caught bass that don't jump, corner of the jaw did not pass the eye, with very rough patches on the tongue. They maybe hybridized as well but they are displaying a lot more spotted bass characteristics then the largemouth. Just because they aren't shocked up - doesn't mean they ain't there.
    Should've taken the fish from DVL - last month - probably have a higher survival rate.

Was a wide open bite on the BGs too - till the shockers showed up....

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast