Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Perris - Electric Shock Fish Survey

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2uu View Post
    Once commercial agriculture has his way you will be able to walk across Oroville and pick up all the dried out spotties you want. You might have to dust them off a bit. But since some back room water deals from the 60's were made we better drain them all cause that is what they are there for. To hell with the Chinook salmon that spawn in the Feather River below Oroville also. We need that water to irrigate the desert so a few rich land owners get richer and field workers stay poor off of Almonds and fruits.
    Wait...So what would happen if we drained the reservoirs and eliminated farming? And if we eliminated farming wouldn't it be in all fair political correctness to mandate an end to all golf courses? And why stop there, we should eliminate all the levees around the Delta too as we should return everything to the way it was before the Siberians got here.

After all that, would the field workers still be poor?

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Let's not also forget that just last summer the Salmon run was saved because of emergency release of water from the SWP reservoirs.

Had there not been SWP reservoirs to begin with there would not have been a spawn last year at all and with out the SWP salt water intrusion would have been clear past Sacramento

That doesn't matter, they're just big evil corporations filled with rich people who want to keep the field workers poor off of Almonds and fruits but not lettuce, celery and alfalfa...

l for one am all for letting California Agriculture to continue to flow water to the desert. I mean for the 80% of water they use they do generate 2% of California's overall economic activity. California agriculture made 50 billion dollars last year. That is 2% of California's 2 trillion dollars that was generated in the state last year. I am all for reservoirs and responsible water usage. But by cutting big agriculture just 5% would have done more than Jerry Brown did by cutting private use by 25% Here is a good read on the subject: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...d-to-cut-back/ if not just watch the movie Cadillac Desert on You Tube.
    Last edited by ghost2uu; 04-09-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Amazon.com : Heinz Spotted Dick Sponge Pudding, 9.4 ...

l for one am all for letting California Agriculture to continue to flow water to the desert. I mean for the 80% of water they use they do generate 2% of California's overall economic activity. California agriculture made 50 billion dollars last year. That is 2% of California's 2 trillion dollars that was generated in the state last year. I am all for reservoirs and responsible water usage. But by cutting big agriculture just 5% would have done more than Jerry Brown did by cutting private use by 25% Here is a good read on the subject: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...d-to-cut-back/ if not just watch the movie Cadillac Desert on You Tube.
    ^^^^^^nailed it^^^^. Think he's got you there cutbait!

I mean for the 80% of water they use they do generate 2% of California's overall economic activity.
    And that's the big pink elephant in the room that people seemingly overlook.

Gotta have my almonds tho!

Quote Originally Posted by BentRod View Post
    ^^^^^^nailed it^^^^. Think he's got you there cutbait!
    Not so fast. What they fail to tell you is how much of the economy spins off that agriculture. Sure, the vegetables, fruits and almonds may bring in 50 billion $$$ of and by themselves, but what about the trucking? The shipping? The ports? The dockworkers? Gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, housing, construction and all it's related trades, city and town workers, county workers, mechanics, teachers, cops, firefighters etc. etc. ect. Most San Joaquin Valley towns, cities and counties are all support for agriculture. And those add up to far more than 50 billion $$$.

Leftists never tell the whole story and always spin when they think they can get away with it. Jonathan Gruber said something about that...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 04-10-2015 at 05:36 PM. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    And that's the big pink elephant in the room that people seemingly overlook.

Gotta have my almonds tho!

That pink elephant should stop drinking so much Kool-aide...

Hawgz I believe "economic actvity" encompasses these numbers you speak of. I don't believe it is just the revenue generated from crops.

Quote Originally Posted by BentRod View Post
    Hawgz I believe "economic actvity" encompasses these numbers you speak of. I don't believe it is just the revenue generated from crops.
    Not even close. Start here and I'm going to post more links after I'm done eating;
    http://www.californiawater.org/cwi/d..._Economics.pdf

http://www.fresnofoodexpo.com/latest...-spurs-largest
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 04-10-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast