Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4/1 they fooled me

I had that very talk with them as I was leaving. As in most areas in life there's not much you can do about manners. For example, if this group feels comfortable fishing a few yards from one another then they assume that it's ok to fish close to someone else. There is a brotherhood of sorts for this bunch. Kinda like when the shad are up in the east end. It isn't rentals vs privateers. It seems to be more cultural, and about personal space IMO.

I think you can also add "Generational" to that list of cultural and about personal space. I have also found that since I acquired a Bass boat that it seems to have some attraction that brings a crowd to where ever I am fishing. While tournament fishing I have had a number of occasions when non tournament fishermen have moved in on me. I guess they think I/we know the "secret spot". Too often they will move in hot and loud and kill what was a good bite.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    I had that very talk with them as I was leaving. As in most areas in life there's not much you can do about manners. For example, if this group feels comfortable fishing a few yards from one another then they assume that it's ok to fish close to someone else. There is a brotherhood of sorts for this bunch. Kinda like when the shad are up in the east end. It isn't rentals vs privateers. It seems to be more cultural, and about personal space IMO.
    Sorry for your loss!! So be IT .... Plan "B" it is ....Contract The Lady Quagga to spew Hateful rhetorical comets at them while you fire up the big motor and run over their lines! I mean "An eye for an eye" really isn't out of the question .... is it?

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    I got to the lake at 5:00 am. 1st in line and first at the inlet for the am striper bite. Boated a few over the next hour then "they" came. I'm sorry guys, but sometimes you just don't get to fish the spot you want. If you get to a little spot like the Skinner inlet and there are boats in it you just need to say "darn" and move on. Not these guys. I had a rental pull up within 8 feet of me and drop anchor!!!??. 8 feet! Forget fan casting now. Then comes another bigger boat with 5 or 6 guys. They gave me maybe 20 feet, but with 5 lines in the water I was really limited on where I could place my line now. I could see another 3 or 4 boats making their way towards us and just knew they would have the same fishing etiquette as the current batch. I just got out of there and let them at it. After trolling a bit I got off the water at 9:00 or so and at that time there were at least 10 boats crowded into the inflow area. Really?

Generally speaking when a bass fisherman comes to a cove and there is a boat there they move on. Not these bait-n-wait striper guys. I guess I was fool enough to hope there would be some manners on the water. Nope. I was April fooled.

Sorry, but sometimes you need to vent.
    Sorry to hear that Pat but I suspect as the drought wears on and less places are available to fish it's only going to get worse. It's the shoulder to shoulder pay lake mentality moving out onto the water. So Cal fishing at it's finest. It's the "you got something I want and I'm entitled to it" syndrome. Generally, Bass guys on private boats know better but we've been bombed a few times by the younger "I'm better than you" dudes too. Well at least you got a few in relative solitude, good job...

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Sorry for your loss!! So be IT .... Plan "B" it is ....Contract The Lady Quagga to spew Hateful rhetorical comets at them while you fire up the big motor and run over their lines! I mean "An eye for an eye" really isn't out of the question .... is it?
    Contract The Lady Quagga to spew Hateful rhetorical comets at them
    You may be on to something there noleash. I could picture her up on a podium on the front of a pontoon boat with a bullhorn...

Default April fools

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Pat I hear you loud and clear. It's sad that many do not care about fishing etiquette or fishing ethics for that matter, I think many of us should start wearing this shirt.

Where can I get one of those shirts ? I will always wear that when I go fishing be it skinner or elsewhere .
    That's classic.

Default April fools

Pat I hear you loud and clear. It's sad that many do not care about fishing etiquette or fishing ethics for that matter, I think many of us should start wearing this shirt.

Where can I get one of those shirts ?

Bass Pro Shop has 'em

This ^^^^^^^

I have also found that since I acquired a Bass boat that it seems to have some attraction that brings a crowd to where ever I am fishing. While tournament fishing I have had a number of occasions when non tournament fishermen have moved in on me. I guess they think I/we know the "secret spot".
    That's because you know the hot spots, Devo!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast