Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4/1 they fooled me

Default 4/1 they fooled me

I got to the lake at 5:00 am. 1st in line and first at the inlet for the am striper bite. Boated a few over the next hour then "they" came. I'm sorry guys, but sometimes you just don't get to fish the spot you want. If you get to a little spot like the Skinner inlet and there are boats in it you just need to say "darn" and move on. Not these guys. I had a rental pull up within 8 feet of me and drop anchor!!!??. 8 feet! Forget fan casting now. Then comes another bigger boat with 5 or 6 guys. They gave me maybe 20 feet, but with 5 lines in the water I was really limited on where I could place my line now. I could see another 3 or 4 boats making their way towards us and just knew they would have the same fishing etiquette as the current batch. I just got out of there and let them at it. After trolling a bit I got off the water at 9:00 or so and at that time there were at least 10 boats crowded into the inflow area. Really?

Generally speaking when a bass fisherman comes to a cove and there is a boat there they move on. Not these bait-n-wait striper guys. I guess I was fool enough to hope there would be some manners on the water. Nope. I was April fooled.

Sorry, but sometimes you need to vent.

Pat I hear you loud and clear. It's sad that many do not care about fishing etiquette or fishing ethics for that matter, I think many of us should start wearing this shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Generally speaking when a bass fisherman comes to a cove and there is a boat there they move on. Not these bait-n-wait striper guys.
    You make a very interesting observation there because I have also witnessed the same type of behavior.

At least you got a few fish to go before the armada ruined the fun.

That sort of behavior is common in all kinds of fishing!!!!!! I was at the Coronado Islands Saturday, every time a party boat would stop they were immediately bum rushed by several private boaters. In my park catfishing they would try to do that to us once we found the school, but I found a way to fix their little red wagon. Me and my partner would fish 4 bobbers poles (second rod stamp came in handy) the far right and far left one would set our boundary's. We would keep the school in the middle of us and fish them with the other 2 poles. It worked pretty good, the smart gooney birds would try to back door us from the other side of the lake. (they would have to make a super long cast) But for every 1 they would catch, we would catch 7-8 for ourselves. I sent home hundreds of people talking to themselves about those dumb white guy's C&R and hogging all the fish for themselves. lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-01-2015 at 04:50 PM.

We're going to see more of this as more lakes shut down to private boaters because of water levels. It's a shame but we can't do anything about the drought and the rude people. I wish all the people could be like Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    I got to the lake at 5:00 am. 1st in line and first at the inlet for the am striper bite. Boated a few over the next hour then "they" came. I'm sorry guys, but sometimes you just don't get to fish the spot you want. If you get to a little spot like the Skinner inlet and there are boats in it you just need to say "darn" and move on. Not these guys. I had a rental pull up within 8 feet of me and drop anchor!!!??. 8 feet! Forget fan casting now. Then comes another bigger boat with 5 or 6 guys. They gave me maybe 20 feet, but with 5 lines in the water I was really limited on where I could place my line now. I could see another 3 or 4 boats making their way towards us and just knew they would have the same fishing etiquette as the current batch. I just got out of there and let them at it. After trolling a bit I got off the water at 9:00 or so and at that time there were at least 10 boats crowded into the inflow area. Really?

Generally speaking when a bass fisherman comes to a cove and there is a boat there they move on. Not these bait-n-wait striper guys. I guess I was fool enough to hope there would be some manners on the water. Nope. I was April fooled.

Sorry, but sometimes you need to vent.
    Contract The Lady Quagga to spew Hateful rhetorical comets at them while you fire up the big motor and run over their lines! I mean "An eye for an eye" really isn't out of the question .... is it?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Pat I hear you loud and clear. It's sad that many do not care about fishing etiquette or fishing ethics for that matter, I think many of us should start wearing this shirt.

Lol, I just bought this shirt and wore it while fishing DVL this past weekend.

I too have experienced this behavior at many local lakes but one trip to Silverwood last summer just blew me away. My buddy and I were first to launch and bee lined it over to the inlet to try a little bait n wait. Not 20 minutes later there were 3-4 boats all lined up at the bouy line, all keeping fair distance from on another - nothing out of the ordinary, right? Then this dumba$$ in a rental cruises up and squeezes in between the last two on one end, rather than going to the farthest open spot on the line. He dropped anchor, dropped out a couple of lines and sat for about 10 min. He then reeled in, pulled up anchor, started the motor and proceeded to drive WOT into the very nice, very large and very new looking walk around ocean going vessel parked next to him. If this rental boat guy didn't have a little kid with him the guy in the big boat would have for sure probably beat this guy silly. He was PISSED!

Rental guy then comes down the bouy line like he's scopin out his next spot to squeeze in to. I popped up and stood right at the edge of the boat and pointed at the spot next to me shaking my head and shouted "NOPE". He just looked at me like "Whuuu" and kept going, lol. My fishing partner was rolled over on his seat in laughter.

People's lack of ettiquite never ceases to amaze me.
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 04-01-2015 at 09:04 PM.

On Tuesday I was fishing the long cove on the southwest side of the lake. Two clowns in a rental boat followed me in. When I got to the back of the cove I had just enough room to get past them going out. Of course I left using the big motor at just under 5 mph. That damn Skeeter sure leaves a big wake when she's not up on plane. I did wish them good luck. I think they could tell I didn't mean it.

I see these post all about "renters"....Well I rent , mainly because I cannot afford to buy a boat and I have seen just as many "owners" being jerks as anyone else, maybe more, I cannot tell you how many times I am in a cove already and have a "owner" boar in the cove and act like I am not even there because I am in a rental boat......it goes both ways.....

Quote Originally Posted by darknight63 View Post
    I see these post all about "renters"....Well I rent , mainly because I cannot afford to buy a boat and I have seen just as many "owners" being jerks as anyone else, maybe more, I cannot tell you how many times I am in a cove already and have a "owner" boar in the cove and act like I am not even there because I am in a rental boat......it goes both ways.....
    Valid point and well said. Mr P.A.W since it seems that you are a loyal customer to the lake MAYBE the manager/staff would listen to you about the isssues a happening on the water and instill some new rules/lake laws where as to inhance/preserve the lakes safety and overall experiance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast