Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shimano teramar broke

you should sent it in to Shimano with the receipt cost me $17.95 to send it in .
    If this doesnt work this will be a last time i'll buy shimano product

Quote Originally Posted by TROUT MASTERS View Post
    Mine broke after 5-7 casts,was using a lc 110.
    if was a car door or tree branch i dont think i would able to cast so im not realy sure what's the problem
    If it broke on a cast, then it's obviously a manufacturer's defect and Shimano should be able to assist.

The problem is, people breaking their rods on car doors and then getting mad when company's change their policy on their warranties. There's a difference on 'no fault' warranties and warranties that cover workmanship. But in your case, Shimano should stand by their workmanship and provide you with a new rod.

Yes, if it broke while you were casting it (not knicked or damage from previous usage) shimano should replace it. It is up to shimano to decide though if it was poor workmanship or not. In my opinion, I'm actually happy that Shimano changed their lifetime warranty policy. Like I stated in a previous post regarding warranty. A few bad apples messed it up for the rest of us. I've heard too many stories where individual were purposely breaking their rods and getting a replacement from shimano. If a rod was to fail due to defect, it shouldn't take a year or so to break, that's just my opinion. In the past, buyers were buying broken shimano rods for dirt cheap $5 a piece, and returning the rod and getting a brand new one with tags. Then they would sell that and make profit. Well you don't see those ads anymore, and personally, I'm glad that Shimano's warranties are getting stricter.
    Last edited by Nuoc Mam; 04-01-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Well lets hope for the best and ill keep u guys posted whats going on
    Thanks and Happy Easter to all !!

Trout Masters porc@ porcanq che , but I worked at Shimano for about 5-6 months and am very very disappointed , they might replace it for you if u put some pressure and say that your like their lifetime customer )))) times have changed in shimano ! I still love a few of their reels though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    ...but I worked at Shimano for about 5-6 months and am very very disappointed.
    Need some clarification....

Are you disappointed that a few bad apples (breaking rods on purpose to get new models, or breaking them due to their own fault and expecting a new rod from Shimano) ruined what was considered a great industry warranty?

Or are you disappointed that Shimano finally did something to prevent people from abusing their warranty?

None of the above sir , it's more about quality and self cost , if u knew what your favorite shimano rods exactly cost , you would be just as dissapointed as me .

Trout Masters porc@ porcanq che , but I worked at Shimano for about 5-6 months and am very very disappointed , they might replace it for you if u put some pressure and say that your like their lifetime customer )))) times have changed in shimano ! I still love a few of their reels though.
    I'm not asking for anything for free just want my rod to be replaced and people try to get rods replaced under warranty that's not, I know how it is I deal with them every day.( can't do a wrong thing the right way)

None of the above sir , it's more about quality and self cost , if u knew what your favorite shimano rods exactly cost , you would be just as dissapointed as me .
    I think it's fair to say that you can replace the word "Shimano" with any rod manufacturer and your statement above will still be true. I don't think Shimano is the only rod manufacturer, or any manufacturer for that matter, that inflates their prices for their finished product when they actually pay pennies for the actual manufacturing.

And it's also curious that you mention quality, because I've never had the chance to use their warranty for their rods (reels is a different story) since I've never encountered any problems with their rods, and I have quite a few of them that were used heavily. Suffice to say, I think the quality of their rods is still top notch, and I'm hoping they use the savings from no longer having to deal with 'less than honest' warranty claims and pass them down to their consumers.

I am not familiar with all brands , not really even willing to , I own a few shimano , and loomis rods also, and I really can't complain about my rods made before 2008-2010(they were my first rods). Luckilly I've only bought about 3 rods after 2012 , and I can tell u one thing , that there is a major difference , my Clarus was the first one to show with the butt of the rod cork handle fell off during a cast ))) . Anyway , not really trying to prove my point or critisize the company, just my opinion and personal experience . Sorry if anything I said offended anyone.
    Tight lines !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast