Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shimano teramar broke

Default Shimano teramar broke

My Termara 7.11 surf rod broke,got it for Christmas,took it back to the tackle shop i got it from,they told me i have to send the rod in to Shimano myself they cant send it in,
    So i took the rod to ups and sent it for a warranty replacement,1st time have to deal with warranty and or Shimano, any idea how long does it take
    to get the rod back ?
    What realy got me mad i got 2 rods and 2 curado 300 reels from this tackle shop all Shimano hope i wont be disappointed.
    Thanks..

I can't remember exactly how long it took but I sent in 2 Crucials in 2013 and I remember being impressed with the turnaround time. I think it took about 10 days.

Does Shimano still allow walk ups for warranty issues at their Irvine location?

Do what I did!

Start buying Phenix rods!

Quote Originally Posted by MikesOcean View Post
    Do what I did!

Start buying Phenix rods!
    Yea, it really sucks that Shimano took away the lifetime warranty on their previous "lifetime" rods

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Does Shimano still allow walk ups for warranty issues at their Irvine location?
    I did call and they told me that doesnt make a difference if i took it to Irvine still need to go thru warranty proses,so i send it in,didnt want to drive 2 hours to get there,also i did ask the guy since i dont mind take the rod if i can get it exchage the same day he told me NO.

will see how Shimano is taking care of there customers
    than ill think about it.

Please update... I have a rod that snapped too. Haven't sent it in because of the new policy. Took it out on the first outing and that was it. Bought mine right before Christmas new from Turners so I'm disappointed.

Now, did these rods break because of defect in workmanship?

Or did the car door or a tree branch break these rods?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Now, did these rods break because of defect in workmanship?

Or did the car door or a tree branch break these rods?
    Mine broke after 5-7 casts,was using a lc 110.
    if was a car door or tree branch i dont think i would able to cast so im not realy sure what's the problem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast