Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Miramar, the Good, the Bad , and the Ugly

Default Miramar, the Good, the Bad , and the Ugly

So my Good friend Bryn comes down from Santa Barbara for a little fish fest. We end up driving out to Miramar lake Saturday morning. Haven't been out there since the 80's, when we used to troll Cd Rapalas as fast as we could down the middle of the lake for a slow pic of big bass. The lake is right off the freeway yet has an Alpine lake quality about it. The water clarity was amazing. At least 25 feet if not more in places. As the water got deep it got dark. Trees, hills and a paved jogging path surround the lake. There is a big parking lot and the Check-in to pay our fees right next to the lauch ramp. $8.00 apiece to tube in the Quagga infested water. We launched our tubes right off the launch ramp and paddled out across the lake. 8 hours of throwing the most beautiful Swimbaits of all sizes, wiggling dropshot worms from against the reeds, to the forty foot range. Dr. Juice. Points, Inside coves, Transition areas, Shaded pockets in the reeds. Nary a nothing. Not even a bite. No one even stepped up to the plate. Not even a suicide trout from the deep. Meanwhile my gillnet of a buddy nails a 12 inch and two 10 inch Bass on the dropshot and is the happiest man on Earth! Congrats to him for blanking me and Miramar has my number. I hate Miramar...( that's the ugly)
    Last edited by bendopolo2004; 03-31-2015 at 07:36 PM.