Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Maui sport fishing recommendations?

Default Maui sport fishing recommendations?

Hey all,

I'll be heading to Maui in June or July for my first time. I'd really like to get on a good sport fishing boat. Honestly I know nothing about their fishery. Does anybody have experience fishing in Lahaina and wouldn't mind sharing a few tips? Know of a good sport fishing outfit in the area? Please share.

Also how's the surf fishing? Considering that too if its worth it...

Thanks in advance!

Mike

weve been out on a boat called the lucky strike a couple times. good guys caught fish everytime. not sure about surf fishing. I did have the state record tuna for 2 hours the first time we went out with them

Default Charters...

Been out fishing once in Maui...had a great time. I used "Start Me Up" charters in Lahaina.....very nice boat, run very well. If you plan on keeping an fish to eat or take home you need to discuss that with the charter before you go as most charters just assume that the fish belong to the boat. Start Me Up was great about that and I flew 40 lbs of mahi-mahi fillet home with me....very yummy. Just google: start me up charter maui.

Brian

Monster cow dolphinfish from that trip: