Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lopez crappie

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    WTG on the fish fry fixins stumpy!

TRAIL BLAZER
    Thanks TB...I'm ready to go back...we ate 'em all!

Hit me up before you go next time. I'll let you know where the bigger ones are hanging out, or at least point you in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonysgonefishin View Post
    Hit me up before you go next time. I'll let you know where the bigger ones are hanging out, or at least point you in the right direction!
    Thanks Tonysgonefishin!! I certainly will...any help would be great!

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Tonysgonefishin View Post
    i have PMed you , im heading out this weekend, thnx

I was at Lopez Lake a week ago (Wednesday, April 15) and caught a 12 1/2 inch Crappie from the fishing dock by the marina on a jig, plus a good size Redear on a worm. I also lost a very large "something" that bit on a redworm, that swam straight under the pier and well out to the other side, got tangled in my neighbor's line, broke mine, then bent his pole over double, until it came free of his line. Oh well... I suspect it was a bass.

My wife caught a huge Goldfish LOL and our 2 neighbors caught 3-4 Redear, a nice size LMB and a smaller 7-8 inch Crappie.

I tried to post a photo of the Crappie, but it was too large and I don't know how to shrink it on this new computer. LOL I did put photos from the trip on Facebook.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 04-22-2015 at 08:19 PM.

That's a big Crappie, and thanks for posting that I miss your good reads and photos.

Yes, thank you. I had a nice photo of it but couldn't load it on this site, Old Pudd Fisher.

But that was the first time we had gone fishing since last Thanksgiving. I inherited my parents' house and now taking care of it and trying to sell it are a real drain on my time and very troublesome. It's also expensive but it needs to be done.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 04-23-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Yes, thank you. I had a nice photo of it but couldn't load it on this site, Old Pudd Fisher.

But that was the first time we had gone fishing since last Thanksgiving. I inherited my parents' house and now taking care of it and trying to sell it are a real drain on my time and very troublesome. It's also expensive but it needs to be done.
    I inherited my dads house a long with my brother and sister a few years back. Very nice house but was in need of some up grades to sell it. I was lucky that my brother bought my sister and I out and is living in it now. Saved us a lot of trouble. But we still have my wives mothers house that we rent and would like to sell because it is troublesome at times. The last renters stopped paying their rent and trashed the place. Took a lot of work and money to get it back in shape. Good luck. And I forgot to say thanks for your Crappie post stumpknocker I enjoyed it...Just love those panfish.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 04-23-2015 at 09:22 PM.

Yes, similar situation here. I was the child who lived by far the closest to my parents, so it was up to me to take responsibility for the house. We decided not to rent it when we found out how much trouble it would be, and we couldn't visit the yard if we rented it, anyway. (There is a lot of fruit in the yard.) I didn't want to move back there, either, so we decided to sell it. So, the first realtor lived a bit far away, priced it highly and there were no good offers on the house. Then we got a more local realtor who was recommended by my wife's realtor friend. We had an offer on the house while we were on the trip. However, we could not agree on a price 5 days ago. The next day, our second realtor informed us that she was quitting. However, last night, I heard a message on the answering machine, after returning from major yard work there (again), from another realtor in the same office, that there was another offer by the same couple. We just found out that it's pretty close to what we were asking, so we are now trying to make a deal. I am thoroughly tired of this ordeal of taking care of an expensive, second house, so it would be great to sell it. Actually, I am blessed to have inherited the house and any proceeds from the sale, which will be considerable. The couple who want to buy it are a police officer and a teacher. After hearing from her realtor friend, my wife Zunliang now wants to work with them to make a deal (thank God). Sorry to be so off track, but that's what is happening. I actually wanted to go fishing at Perris Lake yesterday afternoon, but Zunliang informed me that we should go to continue the yard work at my parents' house. An electric saw broke down in the process and there is a large shrub in front of the house now that is partially cut down. LOL But we managed to fill 2 green trash cans and 1 brown one with plant matter yesterday.

Of course, when finished with this house ordeal, I will be able to fish more. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12