Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Late skinner report.

Default Late skinner report.

Hit skinner on Tuesday. Great action. A lot of bites on the dropshot. Walked the south shore, water seems a little more shallow than ramp 1 shore fishing. Anyways, lots of bedding females. Managed to hook up to 8 fishes and lost three. Had four or five short hits as well. This beauty was the biggest of the bunch. She taped out to 20 inches. Maybe four pounds if I had to guess.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	46003

Very nice fish and one heck of a day.

Was it released?

Yes sir, hard for people to believe that I don't even eat fish haha. I think the only reason I would even keep one is if it truly was a once in a life time fish that I wanted to mount. But till then c&r.
    Last edited by chowmein2go; 03-28-2015 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chowmein2go View Post
    Yes sir, hard for people to believe that I don't even eat fish haha. I think the only reason I would even keep one is if it truly was a once in a life time fish that I wanted to mount. But till then c&r.
    A fish of a lifetime is even more reason to release it.

You do not need to kill the fish to have it mounted. Replica mounts can be just as good or better than real skin mounts. Just take lots of good pictures and measurements and you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFish View Post
    A fish of a lifetime is even more reason to release it.

You do not need to kill the fish to have it mounted. Replica mounts can be just as good or better than real skin mounts. Just take lots of good pictures and measurements and you are good to go.
    Wow, wasn't even aware that they can do that, thanks for the info.