Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Low Tide Bass

Default Low Tide Bass

Long drive, but took a chance since this place is really only fishy on low tide . Was a real cool peacefull day fishing with
    no one but me, and this bird I saw, which I do not really know the name of. I have seen it in Malibu to. At first I thought
    it was crippled, because it does not stand up, but scoots on it,s belly to move, but watching it, it moved the same as the
    one I have seen in Malibu. Did catch one short Hali though !!!

[

Great job! Nice fish! I haven't been in about 4 weeks and the itch is getting bad.

Nice job on the bass and Hali. I've seen that bird before as well. I swear I thought it was a frog or crab when it swims. BTW, what size fluke are you throwing?

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Nice job on the bass and Hali. I've seen that bird before as well. I swear I thought it was a frog or crab when it swims. BTW, what size fluke are you throwing?
    3in "Watermelon Gulp Minnow" on a 1/4oz. lead head.

Hmmm I recognize all the fish,nice by the way,but the bird not so much,especially since you say it scoots on its belly.

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice session there Daniel.

Gotta give you props for your determination and switching it up. Going for the bay action always seems to work out well for you for sure.

Nice assortment of fish Daniel.
    Robert
    <><

Nice session Daniel,

That bird actually looks kinda like a seal maybe some sort of hybrid? hahaha
    Those peaceful sessions are often the best, simply relaxing and awesome.
    Nice job.

The bird is a Loon. Loons are incapable of standing, they only go ashore to lay eggs. Most build islands with floating weeds and seaweed and never go to land unless too sick to swim.

(edit not a grebe lol, basically the same thing though, both are close relatives)
    Last edited by smokehound; 04-05-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Hi ya fishshep,

Excellent job on showing the bay bass who's boss Daniel!

I like the way you just go where the conditions take you and you catch fish! SIMPLE!

I can imagine how .... this surf fishing must sound easy to the beginner reading these reports ... but let me tell ya ... you've gotta have a lot of tricks up your sleeves and you've gotta spent a lot of time in the salt and you've gotta fish many different AO under all the Hi and Low tide conditions in order to be as successful as fishshep.

Thanx for the fish report w/ pic's!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 04-15-2015 at 05:07 PM.