Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Owens river

Default Owens river

Hi I live in Burbank Calif , any one interested in drifting the Owens ? I have a pontoon boat 1 person . I have done it many times ,any small boat will work . I have been fishing up that way for trout because of the lack of water in most creeks and rivers around here . Its nice to camp out if the weather is nice , but winter can be cold . camping weather is 45 to 85

I just got back from Bishop yesterday.
    The Owens is VERY low

Thanks for the first hand inf Geedavell. Just checked water flow its 100 out of tinemaha dam and 80 at pleasant valley witch had a valve down for repair . Thats a decent flow ,and I have drifted that level before and a bit lower than that 2 years ago

I'm planning on camping at PVR campground from April 5 to April 10 for our Spring break. Not sure your timeframe. Look for a dark blue Ford Ranger and I just got a large shade shelter (CAMO!!!) for the trip. It was pretty hot last year at the same time, so I expect the same this year. I mostly flyfish, but might bring the spinning gear and give PVR a try.

John