Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snakes

Also, that is a Western Red Diamond which are milder in temperment than Western Pacifics. Pacifics get pissy fast and are the darker models with no red or rust coloring.

Remember the Venom ER Dr. and his show on Discovery. The Pacifics are/have developed both a neuro and hemo toxin venom. Prior, to recent times they only had one type of venom. This was presumably due to the increase in size of prey in the area, predominantly one area of the IE - think baby cottontails and ginormous Norwegian rats. The Pacifics venom strength is now approaching that of a Mojave Green.

Tmi!!! <<tmi!!!>> !!!!tmi

Quote Originally Posted by devoreflyer View Post
    brent i can't tell ya about that musky smell as at the time i had another smell goin' that took about 6 laundry cycles to wash out of my shorts.....:shocked:

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Also, that is a Western Red Diamond which are milder in temperment than Western Pacifics. Pacifics get pissy fast and are the darker models with no red or rust coloring.

Remember the Venom ER Dr. and his show on Discovery. The Pacifics are/have developed both a neuro and hemo toxin venom. Prior, to recent times they only had one type of venom. This was presumably due to the increase in size of prey in the area, predominantly one area of the IE - think baby cottontails and ginormous Norwegian rats. The Pacifics venom strength is now approaching that of a Mojave Green.
    Diamond vally lake Snake encounters .... #1 Three foot Mojave Green trying to crawl into my backpack two minutes after putting it down on the groung and making a few casts .... #2 6-8 foot Red diamond back Rattlesnake coiled up under a small dropoff on one of the main foot trails going into @ cove .... #3 Western Pacific scooting along in the opposite direction as I while working the shoreline at 3 cove east point >>> it stopped and hissed obscenities at me then continued on its' way #4 3-4 foot western diamond coiled up under the recently exposed waterline 3 feet from the water.... That was especialy scary because of not expecting one to be in such a location #5 .... And the kicker was an 18 inch western diamond when coiled could fit in your palm, coiled up next to another anglers backpack! After seeing the baby western diamondback lick that guys backpack then flip me the bird... THE VOICE TOLD ME TO GET A SKIFF AND GET OFF THE ROCKS IMMEDIATELY Although I've caught 100s of nice BASS from my skiff all my 7- ? # ers are shoreline PIGS especialy if you get to it before Bass Pro blows the lake out with his BIG...LOUD....HEAVY....NOISY...BITE KILLER! Anyway... thats a different story...so the million dollar question is .... without the noise are you going to risk your life for that sure to come PB LMB?!!

I consider myself extremely tough and rugged with a very high pain tolerance... that being said... the thought of getting bit by a snake makes me cringe and theres a high chance that if bit, Id fold into the fetal position and whine like a baby!!! The thought makes me sick!!!!

Pete

The black and white snake are
    The king snake,there the good
    Ones... Lol,,,,

Cm

I myself come from around corpus tx,,,My brother was bitten BAD by a copperhead that almost cost him his arm had a few encounters with the cotton mouths and MANY MANY encounters with the copperheads I think the copperhead is more aggressive my self

I know that this is not polliticly correct O WELL I HATE m! I want to say KILL M ALL , but im not in the trolling mood,,lol

TRAIL BLAZER

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Diamond vally lake Snake encounters .... #1 Three foot Mojave Green trying to crawl into my backpack two minutes after putting it down on the groung and making a few casts .... #2 6-8 foot Red diamond back Rattlesnake coiled up under a small dropoff on one of the main foot trails going into @ cove .... #3 Western Pacific scooting along in the opposite direction as I while working the shoreline at 3 cove east point >>> it stopped and hissed obscenities at me then continued on its' way #4 3-4 foot western diamond coiled up under the recently exposed waterline 3 feet from the water.... That was especialy scary because of not expecting one to be in such a location #5 .... And the kicker was an 18 inch western diamond when coiled could fit in your palm, coiled up next to another anglers backpack! After seeing the baby western diamondback lick that guys backpack then flip me the bird... THE VOICE TOLD ME TO GET A SKIFF AND GET OFF THE ROCKS IMMEDIATELY Although I've caught 100s of nice BASS from my skiff all my 7- ? # ers are shoreline PIGS especialy if you get to it before Bass Pro blows the lake out with his BIG...LOUD....HEAVY....NOISY...BITE KILLER! Anyway... thats a different story...so the million dollar question is .... without the noise are you going to risk your life for that sure to come PB LMB?!!
    I'm not sure there are Mojave Greens around the IE, or the DVL area anyway? Maybe I'm wrong. Are you sure, because they can really F you up bad?

I'm not sure there are Mojave Greens around the IE, or the DVL area anyway? Maybe I'm wrong. Are you sure, because they can really F you up bad?
    Had one slither under my son's chair while sitting around the campfire when we were camping out at El Mirage OHVA. Had one get wrapped up in my rear wheel spokes when it struck at me while single track riding in the same area. Didn't bode well for the snake. On a job I was superintending in Victorville we had a baby Mohave green take up residence in the weep screed of one of the homes we were building. Cool looking snakes but they are deadly...

It was GREEN, three feet long, pissed off and didn't want to SHEW away and let me grab my backpack, with RATTLES! Finally got it to SHEW but it only slithered about 10 yards into a scrub brush and coiled up in wait for the next unsuspecting victim! Didn't know until now about the pacific Rattlesnake but acording to Wikipedia I most def had a close encounter of the last kind with that species! Anyway A close friend of the family was a super on the DVL project and walked those dams everyday for years .... said he just keep an eye out and always carried a stick!

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Had one slither under my son's chair while sitting around the campfire when we were camping out at El Mirage OHVA. Had one get wrapped up in my rear wheel spokes when it struck at me while single track riding in the same area. Didn't bode well for the snake. On a job I was superintending in Victorville we had a baby Mohave green take up residence in the weep screed of one of the homes we were building. Cool looking snakes but they are deadly...
    EEEK! I really am not a desert guy .... Maybe my subconscious tells me to avoid these types of situations at all costs ... But living in hemet and having the lake next door made me evolve into a more adaptable angler! NOT ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast