Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geography Distortion

Default Geography Distortion

What we have thought all our lives is different from reality. DR

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    What we have thought all our lives
    Speak for yourself, DR.

While some of you were fiddling around with your Dukes of Hazzard lunchboxes, the rest of us were learning map projections (and their inherent distortions).

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    While some of you were fiddling around with your Dukes of Hazzard lunchboxes...
    I was too busy dying of dysentery to pay attention to the map projection portion of 3rd grade geography.

Speak for yourself, DR.

While some of you were fiddling around with your Dukes of Hazzard lunchboxes, the rest of us were learning map projections (and their inherent distortions).
    Same old know it all C*** with smartass responses, no wonder why this board is slowed to a crawl. Some people never change. Dukes of Hazzard ? I was born in 1960 LQ.

Hey quagga, why don't you try to start some posts ? Just sitting there all day, everyday, waiting for someone to start a topic. Then jump in talkingshit.
    Everyday the same for you.

Where you beaten as a child or are you married to a abuser ?

Same old know it all C*** with smartass responses, no wonder why this board is slowed to a crawl. Some people never change. Dukes of Hazzard ? I was born in 1960 LQ.
    Fifty-four years old......yet you don't know any better than to post videos and make proclamations as if Mercator projection distortions are some sort of novel concept?

Hey quagga, why don't you try to start some posts ? Just sitting there all day, everyday, waiting for someone to start a topic. Then jump in talkingshit.
    Everyday the same for you.
    I'll cut you a deal DR: stop acting like an idiot, and I'll stop pointing out you're acting like an idiot.

Where you beaten as a child or are you married to a abuser ?
    Wait - you're just now grasping the concept of map distortions, yet now we should consider your psychological assessments? Riiiiiiight.

there trollers D/R ,instead of trolling on the water trying for some type of fish, they troll the website for a thread to talk crap on so they can feel good about them selves ,keyboard cowards that want to put other people down and shout out how smart they think they are...........I have a new policy towards haters ,I will not interact with them as far as i'm concerned they can eat static...........

Hmm, seems to me DR's complaining about the dearth of wayward posts here isn't quite in line with general board consensus, especially considering cutbait's thread not too long ago.

I contend that making people accountable for their own words - or what those here who should know better call "trolling" - is no worse that those who choose to post simply to hear themselves talk.

And really guys, come on. This is General Discussion. A little mayhem is inevitable here.

General Discussion. A little mayhem is inevitable here.
    I agree LQ, although you do take lead on talking S*** the most.
    It was only a short video that I found interesting with the overlays.

If you ever wonder why only 1/2 dozen or so people post on GD then go look in a mirror.

I agree LQ, although you do take lead on talking S*** the most.
    It was only a short video that I found interesting with the overlays.
    Oh no you don't. You said, and I quote:

What we have thought all our lives is different from reality.
    Now, I know that I and others here do not and have not held this distorted thinking of our geographical world "all our lives". But if what you said was even remotely true, then that "we" you are referring to is truly a lost cause, for it's very likely that distorted thinking extends beyond merely the geographical.

If you ever wonder why only 1/2 dozen or so people post on GD then go look in a mirror.
    No need to look in the mirror. Most individuals here hold pretty much the same views they've always had. They just tend to be a lot more disciplined in formulating their posts. Mostly.

What we have thought all our lives is different from reality. DR

This looks like a personal issue some guys have when they meet a girl that's way outta their league... looks like you ran into her. Lol

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast