Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new lake record!!!

Default skinner

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    this is great....as if skinner wasn't gonna get pounded enough with Diamond closing now a 16 comes out of there and is all over social media etc
    There's a lot of cry babies here! Dam, why can you guys compliment the guy who caught that big fish?

I think it's great he caught this pig, that's a fish of a lifetime for many. All I got to say is he must be one hell of a caster with a LOT of line on his reel cause I know exactly where he took that pic...

Is lake skinner a public lake? Or one of you here owns that lake?> LOL.......
    Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    You're off topic tucky. We are not talking about spring. We're talking about fishing and catching a record fish in a restricted area and it counting as a record. We're also talking about the soon to be closure of DVL and the crowds that will hit Skinner. You ever fished Skinner tucky? If you have then you should know how that lake can and will be blown up. Do you know what that means?

As for where I'm going when DVL's ramp shuts down? I'm gonna go bomb seal's house @ Silverwood...

Quote Originally Posted by ela View Post
    Is lake skinner a public lake? Or one of you here owns that lake?> LOL.......
    What's that got to do with fishing in a restricted area? And yes, Skinner is a "public lake". So I take it you've never fished Skinner?
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 03-24-2015 at 11:11 PM.

You're off topic tucky. We are not talking about spring. We're talking about fishing and catching a record fish in a restricted area and it counting as a record. We're also talking about the soon to be closure of DVL and the crowds that will hit Skinner. You ever fished Skinner tucky? If you have then you should know how that lake can and will be blown up. Do you know what that means?

As for where I'm going when DVL's ramp shuts down? I'm gonna go bomb seal's house @ Silverwood...
    I was there the first day they opened it in the late 70's!!!! lol As for a record fish there seems to be controversy on most record fish, what's else is new!!!!! Once the ramp is closed at DVL, someone should report how much more traffic is at the other lakes!!!!! It might surprise you!!!! You still haven't told us what blown up means in your world. lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I was there the first day they opened it in the late 70's!!!! lol As for a record fish there seems to be controversy on most record fish, what's else is new!!!!! Once the ramp is closed at DVL, someone should report how much more traffic is at the other lakes!!!!! It might surprise you!!!! You still haven't told us what blown up means in your world. lol
    One, I'm not the one who said he caught it in a "NO FISHING Zone". I said I saw 3 boats and a gaggle of shore anglers fishing in said zone. Did you see this post of mine tucky?

I think it's great he caught this pig, that's a fish of a lifetime for many. All I got to say is he must be one hell of a caster with a LOT of line on his reel cause I know exactly where he took that pic...
    Put your thinking cap on and try to figure out what that meant. As for what "blown up" means? Put the bottle down tucky, not my problem if you don't know what that means...

Lol this is funny! Fish fight!

I was going to stay out of this, but what the hell. First of all, that is one hell of a fish. Secondly, the fish was caught in a marked no fishing. I have witnessed the guy that caught it several times in the area fishing the docks. I have also witnessed him being told to leave that area on several occasions. Once the Ranger leaves, he right back throwing at the docks. The fish was put in the live well and pics were taken later in the day at a different location.

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    I was going to stay out of this, but what the hell. First of all, that is one hell of a fish. Secondly, the fish was caught in a marked no fishing. I have witnessed the guy that caught it several times in the area fishing the docks. I have also witnessed him being told to leave that area on several occasions. Once the Ranger leaves, he right back throwing at the docks. The fish was put in the live well and pics were taken later in the day at a different location.
    That in no means takes away from the sheer size of the donkey fish he caught.

This is the same as breaking the lake speed limit during a tournament. Who cares!?

What about people who catch fish in closed ponds... (i.e. golf courses, private ranches, etc.)... A big fish is a big fish. He did not catch this fish in a fish tank. It is a wild fish and has seen it all. He caught it plain and simple.

The whole NO FISHING ZONE is an absolute joke! Many lakes have no marina fishing rules, but the employees many times will be seen fishing them, so what is the difference??

Damn it this is a Skinner thread why you gotta mention the other "S" lake?

Come on up. The good news is the lake has clamped down on the main off limits fishing zones, well at least they were haven't heard any recent stories of tickets and arrests.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast