Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new lake record!!!

what a beautiful fish. Wow she is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DBass View Post
    thats a beast, congrats for sure!

I was out there Sunday and lots of people on the lake but seen some people fishing the no fishing area from boats, the docks and because of the low water on shore. seen some big bass in that area but being a no fishing area i didn't fish there. i guess rules are only for people who follow them? LOL I dont know how many times i was working down the shore only to be cut off by a guy motoring in right over the beds either by skinner navy or other boaters. its only gonna get worse now!
    This is pretty much what I was talking about. No rumors. I see what I see and I'm on the lake pretty regularly.

With the coming crowds.... and they will be coming, it is a good time to remember that the lake has a 10mph limit, and limited space, so give each other some room. Also for those who are new to Skinner the fish there do not like to be parked upon. This is not Okechogee. Keep some distance and cast to the fish instead of barreling into a cove . Everyone will be happier.
    And Yes it is a huge, fat, healthy fish!
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 03-24-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    There was another giant caught Monday I hear.
    Here is that one. Not weighed at the dock, but said to be close to 17 lbs.

Man Fishbreath that thing deserves its own post. Good Gawd! The mouth on that thing. She could easily swallow a small duck (and I'm sure she has). See Chompot, no rumor.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 03-24-2015 at 04:44 PM.

As I got off the water Yesterday a couple were launching and asked me the best spots and techniques for this lake.
    And you told them to head straight to the inlet with a bucket of chicken livers, right? ;)

Man Fishbreath that thing deserves its own post. Good Gawd! The mouth on that thing. She could easily swallow a small duck (and I'm sure she has). See Chompot, no rumor.
    More details here.

O
    Quote Originally Posted by chompot View Post
    The fish will be just fine. Probably is not the first time it has been caught and still lived to 16 lbs. These guys know what they are doing.

Here comes the rumor mill.... Lot's of "supposedly" and "I heard" will be coming out of no where.

Come on guys, the dude caught a fish of a lifetime. A simple congrats without the speculation would be nice.
    Met a complete stranger at another lake today talking about it being caught inside the buoy line. You are right about the rumor mill. On the flip side, what if you were the guy with the lake record and it got broken in an illegal manner. Just saying....

There was another giant caught Monday I hear. Both were supposedly caught fishing the No Fishing area around the Marina. Anyway, the anglers from out of the area are indeed coming more and more. As I got off the water Yesterday a couple were launching and asked me the best spots and techniques for this lake.
    Had an unexpected day off today and we snuck out to Skinner. Saw 3 boats and a gaggle of people fishing in the "NO FISHING ZONE". Didn't see anyone chasing them out and they remained there for quite some time. Also saw a big fat roughly 6lber dead floating in the East end. Saw another fat roughly 4-5 lber floating on the Southside, dead. BOOM! it has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Had an unexpected day off today and we snuck out to Skinner. Saw 3 boats and a gaggle of people fishing in the "NO FISHING ZONE". Didn't see anyone chasing them out and they remained there for quite some time. Also saw a big fat roughly 6lber dead floating in the East end. Saw another fat roughly 4-5 lber floating on the Southside, dead. BOOM! it has begun...
    Boom what's begun?????? Is this any different from what happens most springs?????????
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-24-2015 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Boom what's begun?????? Is this any different from what happens most springs?????????
    You're off topic tucky. We are not talking about spring. We're talking about fishing and catching a record fish in a restricted area and it counting as a record. We're also talking about the soon to be closure of DVL and the crowds that will hit Skinner. You ever fished Skinner tucky? If you have then you should know how that lake can and will be blown up. Do you know what that means?

As for where I'm going when DVL's ramp shuts down? I'm gonna go bomb seal's house @ Silverwood...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast