Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL bite 3/22/15

Default DVL bite 3/22/15

Had a fun trip out with Dad on Sunday. Bounced around a lot hitting many different spots, main points, secondary points, coves, everything. Found some fish in most areas, mostly 2-3 #s, plus 2 nice 4s. Did see some smaller fish on beds, as well as some empty beds, but every fish we caught were in 5-15', and ALL were pre-spawn. Fat, no marks on them. good strong fighting fish, lots of fun on 6# line. Threw mostly senkos and DS. Gonna go a little bigger next weekend with the jig and Trig. Go get em while you can...
    Got to finally use the GoPro underwater, I will post next weekend, cant wait to see those fatties in that clear DVL water!
    Last edited by ddoskocil; 03-23-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Ditto your report ddoskocil on the same day. Took my son and two of his baseball buddies out on Sunday and we caught fish just as you did. Same sizes, spots, depths, pre-spawn fatties all on DS. I can't say it was wide open but we had a good day. We saw a few beds in Rawsons but not as many I thought we would see.

Surf