Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bank bass fishing at Pyramid

Default Bank bass fishing at Pyramid

Hey everyone I am new to LA area and want to go try and catch some largemouth and/or smallmouth bass at Pyramid from the bank this weekend. Any help with good areas to try from the bank and baits/presentations to use? I have fished bass tournaments for many years and always catch and release, any help would be appreciated! Thanks

I don't fish that lake, but I would have to assume ANYWHERE this time of year you will catch batch. Especially if you are experienced bass fishing.

Drop shotting should yield you quite a few fish.

Thanks Chompot!

So only one reply and more that 250 views, someone must be able to provide a little information or is the bass fishing that bad currently. Any help or tips would be appreciated! Thanks

Haven't been there in a while! However I would try senkos and drop shots. Senkos up in the cover at this time of year!

me too, im also new to the area and want to fish pyramid or silverwood for SB.

Hi Pyramid dose not have a lot of shore access , Hit Castaic you can cover a lot of coves from the bank ,the lake is low so there is a lot of shore line for fishing . I take the bass boat up there and just work all the banks till you find fish . This can be done from shore too. The Bass are moving into the shallows now , so casting far is not so much of a issue . A slow presentation is, spinner baits work well now white and yellow or char . Bass like the shade and there is not much there so they take what they can get , they take a position on shady cliffs. Cast ahead parallel to the shore in five to seven feet . Fish can be in 1 foot of water , so they can see you coming . Cover the shallows first , then deep , work it like a clock , cast 1 , 2 ,3 oclock positions , No bites Change lures or move . Remember where when and why you caught fish ,look for the same pattern as you walk the shore , Be flexable , if the shad boil try a cast master , or any lure in chrome , I always got my AC plugs and big striper baits along . Now a tried and true method is split shot a big crawler , gig it strait the way they do a plastic worm ,if you keep it strait it works well if line twist is a problem ,get black bearing swivels . I rig new fisherman like that , as I want every one to catch fish . Im sure I talk for days , but hope that helps

Also the bass will have the stocker trout chased up into the shallows in the coves , that's a good spot for stripers. Top water can be good on calm water days in the AM . bring your favorite bass gear

From the bank go to the left of the marina and find the pipe, I've had good luck there chucking blue and chrome Kastmasters. Also a round jig head/ scrounger with a fluke pinned to it have been good. Good luck!!