Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Late report from 3/18! Better late than never :D

Default Late report from 3/18! Better late than never :D

Been busy with work and such to report my trip on my day off on wednesday the 18nth :)
    I got to my area of operations at 7am and started fishing by 7:15am. A little cloudy, cloudy water(but blue past the surf), slight wind, and a day full of promise!(mainly a day of relaxation...those 10 hr shifts are murder T_T, I needed to do something to unwind from it all)
    Since it was the week day, I had the whole beach to myself :D
    I began working my way from the northern part of the beach an started going south by tossing the lucky craft in the blue past the surf. After 2.5 hours....nothing! I got 1 nibble that got me excited for a second but that dissipated when whatever bit didn't come back.

Eventually I hit the last spot my brother caught some short hali and saw that the water was surprisingly clear in that spot! I threw the lucky close to the rocks and as I was reeling in WAM I got hit with something. I fought whatever was on the end of my rod tip for a few seconds but soon noticed....it was either SUPER heavy or I got a snag. After a few tugs....I got a snag. I had a suspicion that whatever was on my rod...was still there so I let out some line, waited and reeled in. I rinsed and repeated this process hoping to GOD it would come loose. After the 4rth attempt, I slowly reeled in and felt it run and started reeling in as fast as possible before it could get back in a hole.
    It wasnt a big perch, a halibut or even a rock fish. It was a....

A PR, 15 inch Calico bass! Im damn happy I managed to get something this big an beautiful :)

See ya'll on the surf! And has anyone been catching any decent perch lately?

Lets see if my luck holds out tomorrow ;)

Nice going burn looks like your bro had to go and "one-up" you today. J/K...congrats on your PB checker and great job of getting him outta the structure!!!

Don
    Last edited by bachiboy; 03-22-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Congrats on your new PB calico. They r some hard fight'n fish. As for BSP, I haven't seen many being caught where I fish(OC). I've caught more calico & halibut than perch so far this year.

Dude Congrats!
    Thats a nice checker. Well played aswell, those suckers go right into structure as soon as they take a bite, you letting out some light was key.
    Good job man and keep at it