Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lnl 3/21

Default Lnl 3/21

After giving Irvine a shot on Friday for a skunk, I decided to see if LNL was still producing. I was surprised to see the action is still hot. Caught my limit by 9:30 even after farming two early. The water temp was 64 degrees on an overcast Saturday morning. I caught mine from shore but saw a lot of action on the boats. One of the employees told me that they might extend the stocking one more week if the weather remains the same. I have my fingers crossed because that lake is so much more consistent than Irvine. No one faired well at Irvine on Friday from what I saw. For some reason the fish weren't active two days after they stocked. But it seems the tailwalkers are always ready to chew once they are put in.

Tightlines everyone!
    Last edited by Limit Time; 03-22-2015 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Limit Time View Post
    After giving Irvine a shot on Friday for a skunk, I decided to see if LNL was still producing. I was surprised to see the action is still hot. Caught my limit by 9:30 even after farming two early. The water temp was 64 degrees on an overcast Saturday morning. I caught mine from shore but saw a lot of action on the boats. One of the employees told me that they might extend the stocking one more week if the weather remains the same. I have my fingers crossed because that lake is so much more consistent than Irvine. No one faired well at Irvine on Friday from what I saw. For some reason the fish weren't active two days after they stocked. But it seems the tailwalkers are always ready to chew once they are put in.

Tightlines everyone!
    Great report, LNL is such a nice lake it's surprising it get's so unnoticed!!!!

You can't get hammered at LNL so Irvine is much more popular, tap beer trumps better fishing for some.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    You can't get hammered at LNL so Irvine is much more popular, tap beer trumps better fishing for some.
    I never thought about that, but you're right!!!!!!! You just gave me an idea for a pretty good insult. This would only be used if someone kept going on and on about their negative experience at one of the other pay lakes. The big reason to use that statement, you must have been more interested in the beer over the fishing to go to that particular pay lake. When you should have gone to LNL instead!!!!!! lol

People sometimes confuse a pay lake with a catch out pond, the kind where you pay by the pound. A pay lake by definition is a lake that stocks fish regularly by using some of the admission money to purchase quality fish. It in no ways makes you a guarantee of success OR "you get your money back!!!" It's up to the individual angler to catch something or even to make the decision to go to that lake on that particular day. Sorry for the rant!!!! (I just can't help myself) lol I've never complained in my life about the fishing in a pay lake (Unless you count the time when the management made the decision to make me pull my anchor and make me move along with 30 other boats on a wide open Catfish bite, just so they could put up a buoy line. (They could have put up that buoy line 5 hours later when the lake was closed) To make matters worst, I was clearly fishing behind the line following the rules. "You know who I'm talking about!!!!!" lol It is always my decision to go to a pay lake or not. If I didn't catch anything, I always take personal responability for making the decision to go. "Nobody puts a gun to my head to make me go fishing." lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-22-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Great report, LNL is such a nice lake it's surprising it get's so unnoticed!!!!
    I totally agree with you!

Any tips? Ill be out there tomorrow for my first time.

I was there on Saturday as well on a float tube. Fished in front of the tackle shop for the first few hours for not even a bite. Boat next to me was doing pretty good but not for me. I would meter fish but no takers. I proceeded to kick over to the flats with the same result. So after a restroom break I tried back over by the tackle shop but a little closer towards the rental boats and then it was like a switch turned on. As soon as the sun peeked out around 1045 it was on for anyone in front of that boat dock. Had a fish in the net and other rod getting bent before I could finish the first one. After a few hook ties and re-anchoring I reeled in my limit at 1159 after about an hour and was home for a nap soon after. People were coming to the docks and tied their boats up and just cast off the back and was catching fish. They were all in front swimming around. I hope LNL can do another stocking so I don't have to try any other lake.

WTG to go limit time! and thanks for sharing...LNL is great..was there about a month ago and had the same luck of limiting out, ill be back on the 4th of april so yeah hopefully they do one more stock

Quote Originally Posted by 5AUGHT View Post
    I was there on Saturday as well on a float tube. Fished in front of the tackle shop for the first few hours for not even a bite. Boat next to me was doing pretty good but not for me. I would meter fish but no takers. I proceeded to kick over to the flats with the same result. So after a restroom break I tried back over by the tackle shop but a little closer towards the rental boats and then it was like a switch turned on. As soon as the sun peeked out around 1045 it was on for anyone in front of that boat dock. Had a fish in the net and other rod getting bent before I could finish the first one. After a few hook ties and re-anchoring I reeled in my limit at 1159 after about an hour and was home for a nap soon after. People were coming to the docks and tied their boats up and just cast off the back and was catching fish. They were all in front swimming around. I hope LNL can do another stocking so I don't have to try any other lake.
    I called them today, their putting in another 1,000 lbs on Wed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I called them today, their putting in another 1,000 lbs on Wed!!!
    That's awesome. Thanks for info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast