Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Skunk Ever!

Default Best Skunk Ever!

After a long week of work the plan was to sleep in this morning. Until my daughter woke me up at 6 am saying she wanted me to take her to the lake. She'll be 18 in a month... Graduate high school in 10 weeks and this was her first Saturday off since she started her 1st ever job 6 weeks ago.... And she wanted to spend it with me! Needless to say, I got my arse up... Loaded and hitched the boat... Gassed up... Picked up breakfast and took my baby girl to the lake.

Launched a little after 8. Started trolling and both rigs got slammed about 5 min into our day. Niether one stuck and that was all the action we got all damn day! Most of the day was spent trolling except for about 30 min of baiting down with no bites. Not sure if fishing is that tough right now or if it's just me but I don't really care.

Usually skunks make for long days but this one flew by. Wish I was still out there catching no fish but talking with my daughter about family , friends, music, LIFE! If she wasn't working tomorrow I'd gladly go and get skunked again.

BROTHER You are the MAN! Top notch DAD!

Hats off to you and your girl brother.

TRAIL BLAZER

well at least it was good quality time at the lake.i had the same skunk at castaic

Man I envy you, cause I did the same thing with my daughter over a year ago when she was 18. That was the last time we went fishing together (and I have been taking her since she was old enough to turn the reel), cause in feb, 2014 she joined the Disney college program and moved to Disneyworld for 9 months. She liked it so much she is going to stay perm. Man do I miss her. Thanks for making me cry.

Good times MHF!...

Good on ya

Big props MHF!

Nothing like quality time with the daughter.

Mine just turned 13th and I can totally relate with you.

to bad about the skunk ,but if you had fun then that's a win , I went weds with a friend we got several on the troll before we bait fished. its all about the color and the depth you are trolling.................

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    BROTHER You are the MAN! Top notch DAD!

Hats off to you and your girl brother.

TRAIL BLAZER
    Thanks bro... But I'm not THE man... Just a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    Man I envy you, cause I did the same thing with my daughter over a year ago when she was 18. That was the last time we went fishing together (and I have been taking her since she was old enough to turn the reel), cause in feb, 2014 she joined the Disney college program and moved to Disneyworld for 9 months. She liked it so much she is going to stay perm. Man do I miss her. Thanks for making me cry.
    Sucks she's so far away but I'm sure you are one proud Dad! All we can do is hope that the time spent and advice given makes a difference. If you spent time fishing with her then I'm sure there was lots of advice through the years. Good on you!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikesOcean View Post
    Big props MHF!

Nothing like quality time with the daughter.

Mine just turned 13th and I can totally relate with you.
    And she's a Beauty too Mike... Way better looking than your other fishing partners!

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    to bad about the skunk ,but if you had fun then that's a win , I went weds with a friend we got several on the troll before we bait fished. its all about the color and the depth you are trolling.................
    I've never had such a hard time finding the Stripers before. There was very little lake lice but bass boats were sitting on most of the points. It was still a great day. I'll catch fish next time.

there in the open water ,not really on any structure..............

Who cares about the skunk!!
    Great quality time with the daughter is what its all about!!
    Good job bud!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast