Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Puddingstone Lake 3/20/15

Default Puddingstone Lake 3/20/15

Decided to head out to puddingstone lake yesterday after i got off work. Arrived at the lake with a buddy of mine at 2:45pm, fished from the farthest pier all the way down to the swim beach where there's a little small cove back there with some stick ups. Hooked up on a small one by the big pier, shortly lost it. My buddy caught his first largemouth next to the big pier around 4:50pm it was tiny just a little bigger than 5". Saw some small fish hitting the surface all day they were really small didn't know what they were. Then there was a big swell on the surface looked like a big bass so i assume those small fish are shad. Around 5:45pm we decided to head over to sail cove and try the docks over there. Glad we did got there and started to cast around the docks, there was a guy next to me fishing, said he was fishing there for a couple hours and said he didn't catch anything all day. Then he proceeded to move to the opposite side of the dock. I then moved over a couple feet to give myself some more room in between the docks. Casted right where the dock spilts and it got wrapped around the fence and since i was split shotting it unwrapped itself and dropped right next to the piller. I reeled in my slack and all of a sudden it was tight and moving to the right. Set the hook and she ran to the end of the docks and jumped out twice attempting to shake the hook. 5 minute battle resulted in my 2nd puddingstone bass. Which turned out to be a beautiful 5 pound female. Shortyly after i hooked up on another but it was only a pound or so. After that nothing so we left all in all it was a good day. All day we mainly splitshotted plastics 3" to 6" worms.
    For some reason its not letting me post the pictures if anybody can help id appreciate it but for now ill try what i can.

Nice post split shotting small dark plastic worms work good there in the springtime. Deep water is the best bet, fling it out and let it sink slow and watch your line for movement.

Wtg,that's a good report from the Pudd,I hadn't heard that much action in a while.

Cya Tuna Vic

Yeah looks like the good ole pudd has been put on the back burner these days. No stocker trout this year, that's a first Vic.

So were there others guys other than the one guy walking the lake? when i went last week no one there...it was just 3 yrs. ago during spawn there were like 15 guys walking the lake...times is hard there right now..Btw..i hooked into a nice one but she shook it off..but that was my only strike

I finallly managed to find a way to post pictures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nopi1.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	46027

Name:	ifrddj.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	46028

Name:	1zd689x.jpg