Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood Swimbait Striper & New PB!

Very nice indeed Congrats Alex ..lo
    Last edited by lowe; 03-21-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Omg thats freakin awesome,a pig like that would gimme a heart attack!

Beautiful fish Alex... Congrats!

I love the Captain Morgan pose in the second pic. Lol!

First Off, Thank you Mike aka MikesOcean for the trip my friend, without you this dream would have never came true!!

And thank you everyone for the great replys and congrats!!! This fish makes up for the 20+# I lost at Castaic a few months ago. And really felt good to finally win the battle!! Loll

Quote Originally Posted by MikesOcean View Post
    WOW!!! I am still in Awe!

Huge congrats again Alex!!! The Stars were aligned perfect for you yesterday. I am still in shock as it happened so fast like you said.

I don't know about the 30 seconds getting it to the boat because it felt more like 20 seconds. Haha.

All I remember is the screaming "I'm on" "I'm on" "get the net" "get the net" "get the net"
    And literally that big gal was on the side of the boat. That screaming was all too familiar. lol

While all this was happening 2 kayakers were watching this whole thing in complete disbelief. Not to mention they were WAY closer to it then we were.

I said this before and I will say it again. That fish was worth a zillion dollars. All the gear invested to catch that toad and BAM! And worth every penny. You got her baby and completely STOKED I was there to enjoy that moment with you.

It is indeed an awesome feeling to know that the last time I was there was in November when I caught my PB. And now you get yours with me!!! Ohhhh Yeaaaahhh!!!!!

Alex casted perfectly into that boil while I kept my distance so the fish didn't sink out.
    That fish smashed his bait and Alex straight up owned her!!!!

Right on Bro! I'm sure you will never forget that moment as I know I will not.

AWESOMENESS!!!!
    You were one of those stars buddy that completed the link,

20 secs. Lol maybe even 15! It was the fastest pig I have landed yet!!

I could not stop screaming!!
    It was to surreal and because it happened so fast didn't believe it just happened! Im still in shock and can't stop looking at the pics haahaha

I wish the kayakers were on here cuz I'd sure love to here theyre play by play...

I have dumped a good chunk of change in to the swimbait game and it was all worth it ten fold!!

But even better was the energy in the boat. Before, during and after is what caught that fish bro!!

Your boat bro is the silver wood pig slayer, whatever you Do, do not sell that boat.. Hahahaa
    Our memories will always be imbedded in that hull!!
    Thank you so much again bro!!

Congratulations on the pig striper Alex.

Mike! Take me fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbones View Post
    This fish makes up for the 20+# I lost at Castaic a few months ago. And really felt good to finally win the battle!! Loll
    You just brought up some really bad memories for me! Heavier line this time?

MO is quickly turning into the Silverwood DD Guide

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    MO is quickly turning into the Silverwood DD Guide
    The Bako Guide Service is gonna have to raise their rates I hear MO's rate is $700......just a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by MustHuntAndFish View Post
    Beautiful fish Alex... Congrats!

I love the Captain Morgan pose in the second pic. Lol!
    Captain Morgan!! LOL!!!! I told him he looked like George Washington crossing the Delaware with a Striper! HAHAHAHA...

Man Fishbones that is a GREAT fish!! It does look bigger on the computer than the phone. Did you double check the weight with a 2nd scale?

WAY TO GO!! You got a DD in the Duct (water) congrats again!!

BTW don't change the way you stand- we're all just jealous!!!!

JustEYE...

Awesome fish!

Him smashing the slide swimmer must have been an adrenaline rush.

DAMN!!! that thing is beast!!!! good job! much deserved! ive seen most of your post! congrats!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast