Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverwood Swimbait Striper & New PB!

Default Silverwood Swimbait Striper & New PB!

For the last few months Captain & Guide Mikes Ocean and I have been trying to get out and slay together, but with both our busy schedules its been postponed and procrastinated long enough. Well Finally we set up a trip and headed to the wood.
    With all Captain Mikes experience at the wood I knew we would do good, even though he did mention it is March and they might be slow. We opted for good times and positivity regardless of the outcome.
    Getting on the water and covering some ground watching the fishfinder it was looking slim. Two hours go by with no sign of life we continue to search. Just as we start to wonder we see a big boil with a airborne trout and huge striper chasing it down. We look at each other and superman speed our lines in and haul butt to the boil. Here is where the Professional Captain Mikes Ocean performs flawlessly with the most fastest but smoothest glide up on this boil. 50' from the boat I Huck my deps 250 towards the boil and make about ten cranks and see a huge flash and feel my rod load up, I swing for the stars and crank like hell. Before mike can even grab the net I have the fish next to the boat, well one look at our ugly faces and that net and it dove for deep water only making it 15' max before I power turned the beast stopping it in its tracks and with 10 quick cranks she's boat side and in the net. All in no more than 7seconds!!! We high five, hug and scream for joy as the beast is boated. Not even 30 seconds later she flops and breaks the only hook in her mouth attached to the lure. Oh man how lucky am I!!!

After some much needed celebration we motored on looking for more pigs and picking off a few Dinks here and there but never to come across the monsters again.
    Thanks again Captain Mikes Ocean your guide service is top notch.
    *Note* Captain Mikes Ocean is not a guide*
    Last edited by Fishbones; 03-21-2015 at 10:58 AM.

God damnnnn... Nice, how much did it weigh

Wow, nice piggy. Congrats fellas...

Nice fishy Alex! Looks like MO and you had a nice day at the Wood.....

Capt'n

Whoa, nice catch!

Congratulations Fishbones! That's an absolute submarine...and a good story too!

Way to go Fishbones. Now that's what ya call a "Brag Fish". Mike's gonna need a bigger net. That makes two of the biggest Stripers we have seen posted on FNN from his boat. Looks like Mike has Silverwood dialed in once again. Congratulations on your PB...

Congrats on the PB Alex! Good job getting him on it MO...

Way to guys. Saw you guys when I was over in Cleghorn. Heard the commotion and congratulating when I was Chamise. Figured a pig got caught.

WTG BROS!

It looks bigger on these pics then the phone pic!

WAY COOL!

What did it go 15 17?

TRAIL BLAZER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast