Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Closing boat dock cove to boats????

Default Closing boat dock cove to boats????

Are you kidding me! That is BS. The lake is already small enough and that is prime fishing area right now. Since they are taking away close to a quarter of the lake they should reduce the rate for boaters. We are paying to use the whole lake just like the tubers.

I didn't even know I could fish there. haha I stayed out of it when I was there on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by chompot View Post
    I didn't even know I could fish there. haha I stayed out of it when I was there on Tuesday.
    It's only about 4' deep though. Don't get me wrong it is an honorable thing they are doing with the tourney and I plan on donating to the family. However, I don't agree with sectioning of part of the lake. That is boater discrimination !!

Life has never been fair. It will be open the next time you go there.

BentRod check your PM when you have a moment.

TD

Irvine Lake strikes again showing great service and real care for the people it rips off to fish a puddle... go Irvine Lake

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    Irvine Lake strikes again showing great service and real care for the people it rips off to fish a puddle... go Irvine Lake
    I'm not sure where you live, but I know for me Irvine Lake makes economical sense, especially when fishing solo. as I add more people on my boat the cost of going to further lakes decreases of course as the costs can be split.

I have all the lakes I want to fish plugged into excel. I factor in the average fuel cost, mpg, distance, and all the fees the lake charges.

If you live in OC and fish solo going to Irvine is actually cheaper than driving to Perris and definitely cheaper than driving to DVL.

I say this because I assume by "rip off" you are talking about cost/person to fish.

Do the other lakes provide more "value" ? To some, yes! Open up the boats motor, more people to split costs with to make fishing cheaper, etc.

If you are in OC another factor is time. Irvine is closer. I cannot buy time with my 7 week old son. I would pay a premium all day to be home sooner to see him.

Man that was long winded, but I encourage you to break down the lakes you fish by cost and then also consider the "value" each of them have to do. You may change your mind an realize they all serve a purpose.

Posted from phone. Excuse any errors.

sometimes its worth the extra coin to actually fish a lake bigger then a city park pond....

I work hard and don't count pennies but instead count fish and area to fish... I encourage you to break down the lakes you fish by the amount of fishable water.

sierra cove had 18 boats in it at one point last weekend... its not really thec ost but the lack of service. there ramp is crap the price keeps going up and the water keeps going down and they sure make it seem like they could care less about the angler and more about the dollar.

I agree with you to an extent. They all serve a purpose. I am just not sure what bashing them online accomplishes.

I fished on Tuesday and entry was only $12. I don't fish it on the weekends, but will be there this weekend on Sunday.

I'm not sure on your numbers of fish, but Irvine does have a healthy population of bass.

Maybe I am just a glass half full kinda guy though.

when you pay 10 bucks to launch a boat off a dirt hill its kind of frustrating that they charge for that.
    they have a great population of bass and have some real healthy fish but when its that small of a lake and that crowded ( weekends ) it is way worth spending the cash to go to elsewhere.

Perris is what 20 bucks to get in park launch etc and for me its about 30-40 bucks in gas round trip so it actually is cheaper then paying 60 to fish two and launch at Irvine.. and they have an actually launch ramp I am not playing bumper boats with pontoons with 9 people on them and dealing with people trolling on a park pond....

look at the glass who ever you may but Irvine is way over priced for its size...specially if you own a boat and catch bass

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast