Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Isabella

Default Lake Isabella

This weekend is the only free weekend I have for the next 2 months. Gonna head up to Lake Isabella for some crappie fishing, does anyone have a recent fishing report and conditions of the lake?

the crappies and bluegills are biting..............

the size are two to three pounds--biggest crappie ever.let us know how u did

Can you catch the crappie from shore or do you need a boat?

I'm going to fish from shore. All the other times I've gone I have been able to catch them from shore.

its been 2 years since i been to isabella man the water went down, i was there last week and only caught 3 with mini jigs. All my fishing spots from shore were gone due to water drop. Hopefully everyone else does better

Also, just wondering, are there any shops near Lake Isabella that sells live minnows? I plan on using them however I won't pass through Bakersfield which is where I buy them normally.

Quote Originally Posted by snake123 View Post
    Also, just wondering, are there any shops near Lake Isabella that sells live minnows? I plan on using them however I won't pass through Bakersfield which is where I buy them normally.
    It's been a few years, but Big Ed's Bait & Tackle use to have them all the time. I'm not sure if their still in business, but their address is 6400 Lake Isabella Blvd.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-18-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks, Ill give them a call

snake, if you google Bakersfield Californian, which is the newspaper, and look for sports which will open a dropdown window, click fishing, then look for the latest fishing report, you will be asked to answer some questions, to allow you to see the full fishing report, which includes all the fishing lakes and streams, along with saltwater reports, usually on Friday afternoon they post this report, hope this help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast