Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking to hit the duct today 3/17

Default looking to hit the duct today 3/17

how is everyone doing today? I'm out in the Antelope Valley and I'm planning to hit the aquaduct. Its a little windy today after work around 5:30 I brought a little bit of tackle that consists of an assortment of big hammers, Castaic trout swimbait, a rattle trap lure, as well as a shad mimic lure. I am curious if anyone has any faith in any of those items. As well as a general area I'm not looking for a gate or anything like that but curious of anyone has a suggested city to fish I am accessible to Lancaster and palmdale. Any and all info is greatly appreciated and I thank anyone that took the time to read this! I'll post a report once I get home. Also does anyone ever get sketched out leaving their vehicle unattended I've been to one spot on 70th west and I wasn't comfortable leaving my car out of sight and that thing isn't very appealing lol!

-Dakota

My second option is Apollo and I really don't have much faith in that park lake
    Last edited by newb2fishing; 03-17-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newb2fishing View Post
    how is everyone doing today? I'm out in the Antelope Valley and I'm planning to hit the aquaduct. Its a little windy today after work around 5:30 I brought a little bit of tackle that consists of an assortment of big hammers, Castaic trout swimbait, a rattle trap lure, as well as a shad mimic lure. I am curious if anyone has any faith in any of those items. As well as a general area I'm not looking for a gate or anything like that but curious of anyone has a suggested city to fish I am accessible to Lancaster and palmdale. Any and all info is greatly appreciated and I thank anyone that took the time to read this! I'll post a report once I get home. Also does anyone ever get sketched out leaving their vehicle unattended I've been to one spot on 70th west and I wasn't comfortable leaving my car out of sight and that thing isn't very appealing lol!

-Dakota

My second option is Apollo and I really don't have much faith in that park lake
    well I'm sure you all know what happened thanks for all the help I appreciate it

If Trailblazer, Dk, FWD or that CB guy are not reporting on the duct, it's dead, despite what the has beens say

Iv been out 1 time last 3 weeks. Dead

I've been out once a week. DeAD!....

Fish are active, keyed on live bait..

Trailblazer found an active school that wanted nothing but sardines. Found 20 guys poaching....

Bako boys took care of it, no more poaching on that school.

No recent "pig slays".... it's bologna

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    If Trailblazer, Dk, FWD or that CB guy are not reporting on the duct, it's dead, despite what the has beens say
    This is somewhat true... As they only fish it when it's WFO!
    Some in the AV are having a no flow party.
    Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Default Kvd 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by newb2fishing View Post
    well I'm sure you all know what happened thanks for all the help I appreciate it
    What Up ? I fish out there on weekends on my way home from AV Moto Plex, get skunked all the time. All the decent fish I've caught were on a KVD 2.5. Throw to the far side of the duct, let it float for a few seconds, then rip it and reel fast. Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Hit the golf course on Sunday... Saw TB, Dk, FWD, CB & AA lined up soaking chicken liver and killing the kitties. Except for CB... He was working a power mouse talkin bout proving there were brown trout in the duct...

Don't believe anything the Bako Boys or their friends say.

newb go further west and you might catch ,there catching over by ana verde and on the westside ,the pig slayers fish at night when there more active, I live in quartz hill and fished the duct for more than twenty yrs,,,,,you can pm if you want....i'll share tips and areas.....because I spend most of my time fishing the local lakes.................

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    This is somewhat true... As they only fish it when it's WFO!
    Some in the AV are having a no flow party.
    Like shooting fish in a barrel.
    Yeah uncle Bob.. I know one guy catching fish all the time... any time but others are skunked hahaha...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast