Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well its Been Nice

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Well that sucks!!!!!!! So much for those stored precast concrete ramps they were going to add to keep it open.........

The question begs "How low will it go"???????
    The water has to go down before they can add them, if they add them. That's what they told me months ago. They aren't doing it to keep it open, it's so they can reopen it sooner once the water comes in.

NOAA said Cali has about a year's worth of water left. If the drought persists past that, DVL won't be the only dry lake in the area. Ready to go to South Carolina yet Dev?
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 03-17-2015 at 08:50 PM.

We need a catastrophic failure in water storage to

A. WAKE UP CALIFORNIA ON WATER USAGE

B. CALIfORNIA TO REALIZE IT'S CURRENT WATER STORAGE IS INSUFFICIENT

C. EQUALIZE THE POWER THE ENVIROS HAVE ON WATER CAPACITY AND IT'S USAGE..

(Assuming it ever does rain and snow again)

it's not what you want to hear but they are realities

Open the lake to us sit on top yakkers.

just like last time................

Just when it was about to get poppin. I think the fish are in on it...

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    We need a catastrophic failure in water storage to

A. WAKE UP CALIFORNIA ON WATER USAGE

B. CALIfORNIA TO REALIZE IT'S CURRENT WATER STORAGE IS INSUFFICIENT

C. EQUALIZE THE POWER THE ENVIROS HAVE ON WATER CAPACITY AND IT'S USAGE..

(Assuming it ever does rain and snow again)

it's not what you want to hear but they are realities
    California farms use 80 percent of the water available,this state is a desert the farms need to move to a state or country that can support that type of activity,ya I know we are the worlds bread basket ,its time for someone else to be the bread basket,almonds,alfalfa and rice take the most water all three of those crops and can go else where.Jobs????Save nor cal and all cal fishing jobs 1st!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
    California farms use 80 percent of the water available,this state is a desert the farms need to move to a state or country that can support that type of activity,ya I know we are the worlds bread basket ,its time for someone else to be the bread basket,almonds,alfalfa and rice take the most water all three of those crops and can go else where.Jobs????Save nor cal and all cal fishing jobs 1st!!!!!!!
    Most idiotic statement I've read on here in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    Most idiotic statement I've read on here in a while.
    Agreed SNSB....

Nor cal jobs and all fishing are all vastly important to anyone else's.... among other faults in the arguement
    Last edited by cutbait; 03-18-2015 at 05:37 AM.

Since the drought is limited to just the southern half of the state I think we should reconsider spending 60 BILLION on high speed rail. For much less money we could revamp the whole water delivery system and recoup a bunch of the water being dumped back into the Pacific Ocean north of us..... and save the smelt in the process.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 03-18-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Interesting times a coming. Water rationing, higher fees and fines, neighbors snitching on violators. Agriculture industry crippled, agricultural workers, agricultural support companies and agricultural supported communities decimated. Recreation and tourist businesses and communities that depend on water sport visitors harmed. BLM and forest areas closed due to high fire hazard and just wait until the Santa Ana winds blow after a hot, dry summer. Hydroelectric generated electricity reduced and compounded by the closing of San Onofre. Wildlife intrusion into developed areas due to loss of water and forage. But the Smelt will be saved. Interesting times indeed.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast