Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Well its Been Nice

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Ever heard of "inline reservoirs" reservoira one after another for the ones who don't understand the reservoirs will not be built "in the desert"
    Kinda like the system we have today?

I mean, I get your points, because having 10 reservoirs that are 10% filled is better than 5 reservoirs that are 10% filled. But at what cost?

Screw conserving water, let's just build more reservoirs to hold the water that we eventually misappropriate. That is certainly a solution....

Why not just build a few hundred desalination plants! Maybe a few thousand. That way we have water whenever we want it.

Too much logic and sense Hawgz..... thus is California
    Not really, even though this is Commifornia all the governors (even the Demorats) other then the Browns really were a bunch of tight wads!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-18-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

I mean, I get your points, because having 10 reservoirs that are 10% filled is better than 5 reservoirs that are 10% filled. But at what cost?

Screw conserving water, let's just build more reservoirs to hold the water that we eventually misappropriate. That is certainly a solution....

Why not just build a few hundred desalination plants! Maybe a few thousand. That way we have water whenever we want it.
    When the Mega drought hits!!!! (this is nothing) At least that what some scientist say!!!! We will be forced to build them regardless of the cost. Try floating that idea NOW and watch the tight wads of both party's immediately start belly aching about the cost.

Ever heard of "inline reservoirs" reservoira one after another for the ones who don't understand the reservoirs will not be built "in the desert"
    Like these lakes in South Carolina that are all man made. The three daisy chained together in the upper left corner of the state have over 1300 miles of shoreline. Most of those lakes are over 50 miles long.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Like these lakes in South Carolina that are all man made. The three daisy chained together in the upper left corner of the state have over 1300 miles of shoreline. Most of those lakes are over 50 miles long.
    Yup.... Well that state does not have granola eaters trying to save the Eastern Mississippi Meadow Fly.

When you think about it, it's really stupid that with all of our coastline, we only have one desal plant in the works in Carlsbad (that I know of). Meanwhile, we get to watch the news tell us in one story about how we're going to be out of water in a year, then in the next story, show footage of our elected officials breaking ground with golden shovels on a super train that will go from, where, Fresno to Modesto?

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    When you think about it, it's really stupid that with all of our coastline, we only have one desal plant in the works in Carlsbad (that I know of). Meanwhile, we get to watch the news tell us in one story about how we're going to be out of water in a year, then in the next story, show footage of our elected officials breaking ground with golden shovels on a super train that will go from, where, Fresno to Modesto?
    Cambria is building one...
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...287408551.html

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Don't throw me on the anti conservation side. far too much waste. Your trying to put words in my mouth dispute me saying in precious posts we need to be more responsible

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    When the Mega drought hits!!!! (this is nothing) At least that what some scientist say!!!! We will be forced to build them regardless of the cost. Try floating that idea NOW and watch the tight wads of both party's immediately start belly aching about the cost.
    Pssst, it's the eco's tucky. Do you have any idea how much it costs for decades of environmental impact studies and all the sure to come lawsuits filed by environmentalist groups?

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Pssst, it's the eco's tucky. Do you have any idea how much it costs for decades of environmental impact studies and all the sure to come lawsuits filed by environmentalist groups?
    Psst we are talking about water!!!!! If it get's bad enough, think WAR TIME Action!!!! Do you think in WW2 they waded thru all the BS before they did anything. Nope they just went ahead and did it!!!!!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast