Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First post Seal Beach

Default First post Seal Beach

Hello FNN,
    My name is Jason, long time lurker... first time posting.. I did some fishing at the jetti in seal beach this past sunday. Arrived early before sunrise to catch a few smelts for bait. A ton of bait in the harbors now what a difference a week makes. Casted out a live smelt while i was throwing the big hammer in sexy smelt color and got a few hits but no takers. Decided to check my smelt and on the reel in hooked up into my first halibut of the year about 15 inches which was released safely back in the ocean after a quick picture. Casted another smelt out and continued with the big hammer. Got a good hit on the big hammer, set the hook and was fighting it for a bit until it took me unto the rocks and that was that. An hour later we moved spots and my buddy hooks up onto a short WSB about 16 inches... released. It started to get hot so we called it a day. Overall a great day of fishing getting away from the hustle of work. Looking forward to getting out there again!

-Jason

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150315_081127[1].jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	45949

Welcome to the boards. Nice little pancake and shorty ghost. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.

Don

Thanks for the post and welcome to FNN.
    DR

Thanks don!

Thanks dockrat

Welcome to the forum and nice job on the hali!

Welcome to FNN luckyfish
    Looks like you got a nice variety of fish, keep up the good work.
    Just a heads up, if a fish takes you into the rocks, 80% of the time its going to be a bass, spotted, checker or sandbass.
    Use the rod as a steering wheel and get it as far as possible. Once theyre in the rocks, its almost impossible to get them out.
    Looking forward to seeing some more reports from you.

Tight lines.

Nice fish, btw, did you buddy ever hook onto a hali or just a WSB?

Thanks illest i'l' be going out there again this weekend.... will update with post

Chronophayze .....He hooked up into both wsb and hali.