Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: S.a.r.l. 3/15

Default S.a.r.l. 3/15

I decide to fish on Sunday because of the tourney on Saturday. We arrived at the lake about 7: 30 a.m. with a light breeze blowing from the east. We launched the yaks and headed out to our usual spot and dropped anchor for a bait and wait. I used a carolina rig with 4lbs leader of Stren clear line and size 18 treble hook. Yea! I like to use Stren! The bait of choice was a variety of colors from orange to green and also yellow dough baits. ( Berkley gulp, Power bait and Zeke’s) Today, I do not think any particular color made the difference because we both caught fish on all three colors. One thing I did do was to change the leader lengths to dial in the bite. But today was slower than the normal pace of bites. The early morning was real slow but it pick up later with flurries of bites. The bites where really light today all day long. I did not even get hit very hard on the bait bites today. I could hardly tell when I was getting hit because of the breeze. I had to really watch my rod or the fish would let go. I had to watch my line go tight before I set the hook. I did manage to throw a worm a few hours today and got some hits but did not land any today. In the end, the wind died and it got hot and the bite stopped. Gone by 12:30.

Real good fighting fish today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbite909 View Post
    I decide to fish on Sunday because of the tourney on Saturday. We arrived at the lake about 7: 30 a.m. with a light breeze blowing from the east. We launched the yaks and headed out to our usual spot and dropped anchor for a bait and wait. I used a carolina rig with 4lbs leader of Stren clear line and size 18 treble hook. Yea! I like to use Stren! The bait of choice was a variety of colors from orange to green and also yellow dough baits. ( Berkley gulp, Power bait and Zeke’s) Today, I do not think any particular color made the difference because we both caught fish on all three colors. One thing I did do was to change the leader lengths to dial in the bite. But today was slower than the normal pace of bites. The early morning was real slow but it pick up later with flurries of bites. The bites where really light today all day long. I did not even get hit very hard on the bait bites today. I could hardly tell when I was getting hit because of the breeze. I had to really watch my rod or the fish would let go. I had to watch my line go tight before I set the hook. I did manage to throw a worm a few hours today and got some hits but did not land any today. In the end, the wind died and it got hot and the bite stopped. Gone by 12:30.

Real good fighting fish today.
    Nice catch on the lightings!!!!! About that Stren line, I've been using it for over 20 years and I've had no problems with it. Probably landed over 30 DD with it and only broke 1 off while using it. (the one broke off in a tangle and a friend was using my rod)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-16-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks. Yea, Stren has always been good for me too. Alway use the green line. Once in a while I will try a new line like flourocarbon and other stuff. But I alway go back to the same line. I never have any break off unless it gets hung up on something.

Way to go out there bud! seems like you have the lake dialed in
    I need to get out there once last time before catfish season begins

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Way to go out there bud! seems like you have the lake dialed in
    I need to get out there once last time before catfish season begins
    Thanks T-Rex, I going to try to hit it one last time also. I have never fished for cats at that lake
    before. Seriously thinking about trying for cats when the season starts.