Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: How's the action from the dam been lately?

Default How's the action from the dam been lately?

Hey guys,

For those of u that shore fish... Any updates about how the action/non-action has been from the Castaic dam lately?

I haven't been there with my dad since my last report (? Maybe 8-9 months ago)... And definitely not since we had baby Evan!

Anyways... I know I said the water level was low back then... Probably another 1/2 mile walk down from the top of the dam now!! Yikes!!

Well... Thx for any info/tips in advance... The Mrs. might let me head out there for a morning sesh with my dad soon...

If the shore action from Castaic isn't good lately... Might just head upto Pyramid instead...

Hopefully this little guy will be heading out to the lakes/surf with me soon...

Last edited by dkinla; 03-15-2015 at 09:23 PM.

ok... 128 views and no replies... Guess the action from shore/dam must really suck this time of year with the water level being so low too.

Off to Pyramid it is...

I don't fish Castic so I can't report on the fishing. But I can report that that is a fine looking Son you have and he is indeed going to be a great fishing buddy....

I was at Pyramid Sunday, on my way home from the Moto track at Hungry Valley. Thru a Lunker Punker for about an hour, mid day --0-- action. Talked to everyone I saw, 1 guy had a catfish. Hit the beach !

Funny some of the guys and I were just talking about fishing Moonlight Madness fishing at Castaic starting May 16th this year, we seem to always do well at night on the dam. I'll post up if I hear anything about the current conditions at Castaic, but it just might be worth a look see. The last few Pyramid reports I had heard about from shore were less than stellar, unless they hit it shortly after a trout plant it seems like most people struggled.

Whatever your choice good luck and let us know how it goes, thanks!

TD

Thx guys for the info... Hoping to make it out soon...

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I don't fish Castic so I can't report on the fishing. But I can report that that is a fine looking Son you have and he is indeed going to be a great fishing buddy....
    Thanks! And yes sir indeed... I have his little Shimano rod/500 size reel ready to go!!

dkinla I can't wait to see the first picture of your son, you and your father fishing together. That picture is what lifetime memories are made of.