Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 3/15

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 3/15

My brother is in town from NY. Took him and his kids, along with my 2 kids to the kids lagoon this morning. In the water before sunrise. Fished until 1100. 0 bites, saw 0 fish landed. Sad thing about was the Boy Scout group with 30 or so who hadn't caught anything either. I saw 1 guy hook up, an Irvine Lake employee, but he lost it. Guys in group next to me, 3 guys with their 6 kids had 0 too.
    Went over to Santiago Flats after giving up on the Lagoon. Went to the end of the road (by RC) track. Set up for an hour or so for nada. Kids were going crazy so they ran around the shore asking if anyone was catching. No fish in that area either.
    Off to the West Shore for an hour or so. Met up with a cool, older Asain guy. White Toyota truck( forgot name). He'd been there all day with 0 fish. Kids ran around and asked around. A couple people had 1 or 2 fish.

Called it a day around 1:30 as everyone was frustrated, myself included. Checked in at the kids lagoon and still, 0 fish there from the guys next to me. Didnt check on the Boy Scouts but the guys that were next to us said they hadn't caught any either.

It's been years since I've posted or even followed these Forums (FNN since 2004). I hadn't been to Irvine in years until a few months ago. Been 3 times(including today) in 2015 and I'm incredibly dissapointed with the fishing. The reviews on here are like 90% Irvine staff, similar to "Bangin' Bob's" SARL spam from years ago.

I know fishing is fishing, not catching. 3/10 stocking this week and apparently everyone was skunked out at the kid's lagoon. I have a hard time believing that. Went into the tackle shop and spoke with 2 ladies at the register to find out if any big fish had come in. Older lady was nice, said she has no idea how fishing has been since she's been inside all day. I told her the Lagoon is horrible today, she says it was just stocked, but with the wrong fish. I ask her to explain. She says they accidentally stocked the Lagoon on Weds with 10-12 pounders. I laugh and walk out.
    Last edited by Sandman; 03-15-2015 at 07:52 PM.