Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3/15

I made my report based on my experience on Sun 3/15. I think we can just agree to disagree and I'll fish elsewhere from now on. I know what I was told and I know what I saw out there on 3/15.

Great job getting the kids fish. Which one of those is from Saturday?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kids lagoon.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	45955 this was Saturdays fish , kids got 3 total between 4-5 pm Saturday 3/14
    Last edited by rich3913; 03-17-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Sandman, I feel your frustration. I was there on the saturday for this season's trout opener. I personally saw maybe only 4 or 5 fish caught all day. Not saying NO ONE ELSE caught anything as Im sure others had some success, but I can say between myself and everyone around me, the bite was bad, REALLY bad. On the other hand, I've seen people having field days last year during both trout and catfish season just reeling in fish after fish. It's really a toss up for me....i do enjoy fishing (or rather, attempting to catch fish haha), but i simply don't enjoy handing out $24 each time I go to a paylake when odds are, im going to leave empty handed. I'm not sure what it is, really.....I dont think we can blame the staff for the lousy bite, they don't control that...although I suppose you may have a point with what you feel is a deceptive fish report. The amount that Ive spent between here and SARL in the last year couldve easily funded a few Sierra trips. After putting in so much with not a whole lot of results to show, I'm not sure we can blame anyone but ourselves for shelling out the money each time. Hoping the bite turns around eventually.
    Last edited by hamdenst; 03-17-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Sandman if your brother is still in town and your kids want fish there is a free kids fishing event at mile square park this saturday 9am-12 lots of cats and trout added to the small lake you should be guaranteed to put your kids on the fish at this event! and as a added bonus Irvine lake just stocked the kids lagoon today and have added snow trout to the menu. so no exuses out there get out and fish and enjoy a day with your kids!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123