Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing With Crickets

Default Fishing With Crickets

Has anybody ever fished with crickets here??? I'm fishing mostly for panfish these next few weeks-bluegill and crappie....Crappie season in the Imperial Valley is in full force, so I'll try crickets on crappie. Just want know if any of you have fished the canals with these hoppers....a few years ago I fished Weist Lake with just a few crickets I had (in December) and the bluegill seemed to form a frenzy. I lost a couple of crickets but I caught some good bluegill on them. So now, I'm on a quest this year to fish for big bluegill with crickets and a select few other tiny baits.

So , how about all of you??? Let's talk crickets and bluegill, everyone!

Crickets are the love bait for panfish. Bluegill can't resist Crickets.......

Fisher- I sent you a PM. Check it out, might give you a couple ideas. And DEVOREFLYER is right, Bluegill can't resist crickets, as long as you can first find the Bluegills.