Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When will it end

Default When will it end

The Eco Nazi's are about to make my head explode, get the flock out of my life!!!!!!!

Backyard burger and wiener roasts targeted by EPA
    By Paul Bedard | March 13, 2015 | 11:44 am
    The Environmental Protection Agency has its eyes on pollution from backyard barbecues.

The agency announced that it is funding a University of California project to limit emissions resulting in grease drippings with a special tray to catch them and a "catalytic" filtration system.
    The $15,000 project has the "potential for global application," said the school.
    The school said that the technology they will study with the EPA grant is intended to reduce air pollution and cut the health hazards to BBQ "pit masters" from propane-fueled cookers.
    Charged with keeping America's air, water and soil clean, the EPA has been increasingly looking at homeowners, especially their use of pollution emitting tools like lawn mowers.
    The school is proposing two fixes to reduce emissions from barbecues. First, they want to cut back on grease flare-ups. The idea: "A slotted and corrugated tray is inserted immediately prior to meat flipping, and removed immediately after. This short contact time prevents the tray from over-heating and volatilizing the collected grease. This collected grease will then drip off into a collection tray and can be used at the pit master's discretion."
    But, total capture isn't "practical," so a filter and fan are proposed for installation. "The secondary air filtration system is composed of a single pipe duct system which contains a specialized metal filter, a metal fan blade, a drive shaft, and an accompanying power system with either a motorized or manual method. This system can be powered by either an exterior electric motor with a chain-driven drive shaft, directly spinning the fan blade, or a hand-powered crank," said the project write-up.
    The grant is part of the EPA's "National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on People, Prosperity and the Planet (2014)."
    The expected results, according to the proposal:
    "We expect to limit the overall air pollution PM [particulate matter] emissions from barbecuing and to alleviate some of the acute health hazards that a barbecue pit master can experience from inhalation. The particulate matter present during cooking with and without the grease diverter and PM2.5 filters will be tested and compared to that of current data using a conventional propane barbecue using a fumehood chamber with detectors at CE-CERT. Personal exposure of PM2.5 will also be monitored throughout the experimentation period to determine the degree of acute exposure of particulates to the cook."

Dev, aren't you a little too old to keep acting like a overreacting knee-jerk crybaby?

Oh wait - you're quoting a driveling, conservative hack from the Washington Examiner, so I guess you're not.

When Will It End
    Never! The Troll poster above is proof of their intolerance of dissent from their demented lust for control over all aspects of our existence...It'll end when they are finally and soundly rejected and defeated...

Hey Quagga while your are eating your Tofu, I will be grilling some Prime Ribeye this weekend as my protest to the Eco Nazi's.

Enjoy it's from the horse's mouth here: http://cfpub.epa.gov/ncer_abstracts/...10266/report/0
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 03-13-2015 at 06:41 PM.

$15,000 for a study about environmental impacts. Better spent on M4 rifles for our upcoming war with Iran.

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 03-13-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Hey Quagga while your are eating your Tofu, I will be grilling some Prime Ribeye this weekend as my protest to the Eco Nazi's.

Enjoy it's from the horse's mouth here: http://cfpub.epa.gov/ncer_abstracts/...10266/report/0
    Lol, after reading this I told wifey to go pick up a couple of pork shoulders. I'm going to get up at 4:00am and fire up the BBQ and slow cook and SMOKE those babies ALL DAY with sweet maple wood. I'll rub the Memphis BBQ seasonings into the meat and get it going on the grill then wifey and son will take over till I get back from work. The sweet aroma will have my neighbors drooling, and the idiot liberal behind me fuming, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by John Harper View Post
    Better spent on M4 rifles for our upcoming war with Iran.

John
    I've had mine for some time, you got yours??????

I've had mine for some time, you got yours??????

I'm a .30 and up guy, used to shoot ground squirrels with my .222 Remington.

Got an SKS, 2 M1 Carbines, and a nice accurized 700BDL in .30-06. Not worried about zombies.

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 03-13-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Harper View Post
    I'm a .30 and up guy, used to shoot ground squirrels with my .222 Remington.

John
    Still have a couple of big bores but in my old age I much prefer speed over mass.

Still have a couple of big bores but in my old age I much prefer speed over mass.

We may be politically different, but it seems we have a lot in common. Hope to meet you someday.

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 03-13-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast